Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know alot about Civil Service...I have alot of questions if anyone is willing to assist it would be much appreciated....

·
1,952 Posts
You may get more responses if you post on what subject of Civil Service, hiring, suspensions, promotions, by-pass etc

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can always count on Delta to cut through the shit.......I just won my bypass appeal....a big step , they put me at the top of the next list...NOT acceptable to me...what can I do if anything to get back where I should have been.....can the Chief do the right thing or do I have to sue the City, I just want equitable relief..

G

·
I can always count on Delta to cut through the shit.......I just won my bypass appeal....a big step , they put me at the top of the next list...NOT acceptable to me...what can I do if anything to get back where I should have been.....can the Chief do the right thing or do I have to sue the City, I just want equitable relief..
It depends who the appointing authority is; ours is the mayor, so the chief has no say in hirings/firings other than recommendations and opinions.

Whoever the appointing authority is in your case can hire you immediately, but that rarely happens and by the time a case made it to court you'd probably be hired anyway.

My advice; bide your time, get hired, and lay low for your probationary period. Some cities/towns don't like being told what to do by civil service or the courts, so don't put another spotlight on yourself because there already is one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts