Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys i'm looking for a little help here I recently signed up for the law enforcement entry exam in april. I'm looking for a study guide or a list of literature i can use to study for the test. I also went to the site LEDimensions but all i can find is a guide for the promotional exam. I'm not sure if the test is just common knowledge but anything I can do to better my score would be great. So is there anything out there to help me prepar for the test?

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks, are there any others out there I heard of this lawyer named sheff(sp?) that's supposed to put together excellent study guides I know he does them for promotional exams

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
HRD's Study guide is all you really need to look at... It's all basic math/english and hypothetical questions that I could have done decent on in middle school. Just score as high as possible (preferably 90 or above) so you can keep up in the competition.

And dont list boston unless you actually live there and have offical residency!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trust me I don't wqant anything to do with boston, I have to drive out there to see my girl and the traffic drives me insane give me western mass anyday of the week

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
if u wanna dish out the green, commonwealth police services has a seminar for $125, it helped me out, u might wanna consider it if its ur first time taking the test of course i guy i took the seminar with he scored a 90 and it was his 3rd civil service test. it is common knowledge though if u r a good test taker u'll do fine. good luck

·
Registered
410 Posts
I concur w/ EOD 1, (camel toe master). I took it twice. Buy every law enforcement exam prep book you can & keep taking the practice exams to get your gourd in a test taking mode. Some L/E courses in College help, too.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
I find the worst part of the exam is memorizing that damn first page...
Street Names, building numbers, how many people were on Oak Street, Which direction was the flag blowing,
which street was Engine 2 on, which street was the one-way, what street was the Post Office parking lot on.....
How many gang-bangers were in the Ranchero and in which direction were they firing thier Mac-10's...
The rest is pretty straight forward...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Its funny, it is amazing how much easier that the 1st part of the test is the second time you take the test and know it is going to be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.