Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Ok if you move to another town with less than a year to go until the next test...where can you claim residency? If you move to another town within that year does the state pork you and not allow you to claim residency anywhere?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I recently emailed civil service with a similar question. Their response was that if you change residency within one year of the next test, you get residency nowhere. If change residency after taking the test, you remain on the residency list for your old address until the next test. So in theory, you could be a resident for the police exam and not be a resident of the same city/town fo rthe fire exam.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
You get porked!

I ran into this same problem before, I moved from Mansfield to Attleboro within a year of the test. Guess what, no residency anywhere! It was a waste of a test (except for the practice) scored a 98 with vet status and was something like 50 in one town and 72 in the other. My advise is not to move.

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
The test is in 4/05, you must live and have proof that you resided at an adress since 4/04. On the last test they did not challenge residency, due to the fact that they were short staffed.

I'm not suggesting anything, but read between the line. :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same exact question, and I was told the same exact thing. You totally get hosed. I've been putting off on buying a house just because of this fact.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
They did not enforce the residency beacause they changed the protocal and left it up to the appointing authority to investigate residency matters.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Same thing just happened to me, I have like 10 months in the new town...SUCKS! So I'm not sure if I'm going to take the test or not. Plus, the same day the test is scheduled, we have Spring Day on campus...a mandatory day per the Cheif for everyone in the dept. SO! Who knows how I'm gonna work this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.