Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This picture appeared with the Craigslist ad.

By Brian Fraga
Standard-Times staff writer
October 11, 2008 6:00 AM

NEW BEDFORD - A city police officer is under scrutiny for an Internet personal ad that shows a picture of him in uniform inside a cruiser.
The posting is listed under "casual encounters" on Craigslist, a popular classifieds Web site that advertises jobs, apartments, community events and personals.
The posting - which has a headline of "Do you have a COP fantasy?" - features a photograph of New Bedford Officer Norman Duchesneau.
Officer Duchesneau, 42, is shown wearing a patrolman's uniform. He appears to be taking a picture of himself while sitting inside a police cruiser. A laptop computer and radio microphone are seen in the passenger seat.
Posted Aug. 8, the advertising says a fit, 42-year-old white man who is "really a police officer" is looking for women interested in "friends with benefits-type relationships."
The ad says the officer is "willing to play out police fantasy," is drug and disease free, and "can be tender, can be rough ... how do you want it?"
While the listing says the officer is located in SouthCoast, the picture does not specifically show a New Bedford connection. A patch on the officer's left shoulder is obstructed.
New Bedford police spokesman Lt. Jeffrey P. Silva confirmed the Craigslist ad shows a city police officer. However, he said it is unknown whether the officer posted the ad himself or if it was "maliciously" posted by someone else.
"The origin of the posting is unknown," Lt. Silva said. "It is something we have to look into."
Nobody answered the telephone at Officer Duchesneau's residence Friday evening.
Officer Duchesneau told Channel 10 News he did not know who posted the picture and wanted to know who did.
The mayor's office said Officer Duchesneau has been a police officer since 1986. He has been a detective and served in the National Guard.
Mayor Scott W. Lang said an internal police investigation will be conducted.
"If we find that anyone misused their position as a police officer or misused their uniform or engaged in judgment that would cast aspersions on the New Bedford Police Department, they will be disciplined," the mayor said.
If the posting is authentic, the officer did not break any law but could be found in violation of Police Department regulations governing personal conduct.
The regulations say the Police Department "is often judged by the public according to the image presented by its members and employees" and instructs employees to be aware.
Regulations state: "It is important that all personnel be cognizant of their actions and conduct themselves as befits their rank and position and in accordance with the department rules, regulations, policies and procedures."

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081011/NEWS/810110338

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Although this is not smart...hes in " a " uniform..inside " a " vehicle with " a " laptop...no Official Police Dept patches or insignia can be read anywhere...no lettering on the side of the vehicle hes in.....This is only news becasue hes a cop....leave the friggin guy alone..

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
First tip off that he maybe didn't put it on there himself: Guys usually post pictures of their weiners on Craigslist, not their faces. Er, so I heard.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
First tip off that he maybe didn't put it on there himself: Guys usually post pictures of their weiners on Craigslist, not their faces. Er, so I heard.
How come when I cruise the women section, there's no pictures of their "nether regions"? Must be because all the women ads are BS anyway.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
G

·
I would be extremely surprised if a veteran cop were that stupid. Anyone with a Yahoo or Hotmail account can post anything they want on Craigslist.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm curious how the paper got this story.. Did the turd that really posted the ad drop a dime, or, even worse if it is a legit ad, did a turd within the department drop the dime?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,774 Posts
How come when I cruise the women section, there's no pictures of their "nether regions"? Must be because all the women ads are BS anyway.
Shhhhh!!!!!!!
You're giving away WEB task force OPSEC you fool!:(

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I would be extremely surprised if a veteran cop were that stupid. Anyone with a Yahoo or Hotmail account can post anything they want on Craigslist.
I agree, but you never know. People make mistakes and could have made a poor judgement call on this one. Again, it does not show anthing about NB and it is only news because he is a cop.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Norman did not post this picture on craigslist. He is not only a great officer but probably one of the most professional here... he takes his work VERY seriously and his career is his life, he would never jeapordize it to meet a hooker on craigslist.

All I can say... but don't believe everything you see on tv!

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
A B&W photo? Has anyone ever seen a camera-phone that has B&W as an option?
I have a $400.00 Treo with many photo options, but B&W isn't one of them.
That looks more like a still from surveillance video (grainy resolution) than a picture from a cell-phone. So I question the authenticity as well.

And to add to Bruce and PatrolDB's comments, a child would know that you have maybe 90 minutes before your phone is ringing off-the-hook by someone you know if you put your picture on that degenerate site.

Unless it's a cry for help, I seriously doubt an experienced, highly regarded officer would do something so blatantly careless
and risk his reputation in the community and among his peers on the force.
I call setup.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
If it is someone's idea of a joke, fucking with their reputation and/or costing them money is a no-no. IP's can and probably will be traced for that posting, with the proper paperwork craigslist will do it.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,774 Posts
Even IF he did it, So what?
:sl::sl::sl:

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
Norman did not post this picture on craigslist. He is not only a great officer but probably one of the most professional here... he takes his work VERY seriously and his career is his life, he would never jeapordize it to meet a hooker on craigslist. All I can say... but don't believe everything you see on tv!
However, if it isn't him someone is on a smear campaign. Now, Yearbook.com. It is starting to pile up, maybe his brother!!
I still give him the benefit and hope if untrue, there is a news story!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts