1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Brian Fraga
Standard-Times staff writer
September 10, 2008 6:00 AM

NEW BEDFORD - Note to self: Do not taunt a police dog.
That is allegedly what Raymond Castonguay, 18, of New Bedford, did while police officers were investigating an armed robbery Monday night at a Hi-Lo gas station on Ashley Boulevard.
According to court records, Mr. Castonguay yelled at the dog to "shut up" while the patrol dog was barking inside K 9 officer Dean Lawrence's cruiser.
Mr. Castonguay also allegedly blew air kisses while taunting the dog, causing it to become quite agitated inside the cruiser, court records said.
After warning Mr. Castonguay to stop agitating his "partner," Officer Lawrence arrested the defendant, charging him with tormenting a police dog and disorderly conduct.
After being arraigned Monday in New Bedford District Court, a judge dismissed the tormenting charge upon Mr. Castonguay paying $50 in court fees. The disorderly conduct charge was also dismissed.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080910/NEWS/809100333

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Dismissed huh??....is it me or are judges just that out of touch??
No, it's not you, they really are that far out of touch with reality.

G

·
Dismissed huh??....is it me or are judges just that out of touch??
Not all of them; my partner on the mounted unit arrested a drunken idiot who punched his police horse, and the judge (at my partner's suggestion) sentenced him to 80 hours community service, cleaning the cages at the local animal shelter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts