Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Department currently does not on a regular basis submit these audit sheets to the registry when we blow through a book of tickets. I was curious how many departments submit these. If your department submits them, who's responsible for completing them, patrolman or sgt's.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
Lt's and Sgt's (CO's) take care of the audit sheets and are meticulous about them. Not sure where or when we submit them but we always complete them. Not sure why after I read that the RMV just tosses them to the side in a large warehouse never to be seen again. Maybe so they can say that they conduct audits? :?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The MSP is now automated and have their audit sheets online thru their intranet. We electronically fill them out and print copies to send to the RMV. Each Trooper is responsible for doing their own. I know all of C Troop is doing this but I'm not sure about the rest of the State.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
90C-6:

"When a citation has been completed, the police chief or an officer of a rank not less than sergeant, or in the case of the state police of a rank not less than corporal and who is in charge of a state police barracks, shall record the issuance and disposition of such citation upon the audit sheet..." :shock:

When I explained this to the barracks commander, he said "shut-up and fill out the sheet, kid..." :oops:

Well, it was worth a try...

·
Premium Member
6,401 Posts
dcs2244 said:
90C-6:

"When a citation has been completed, the police chief or an officer of a rank not less than sergeant, or in the case of the state police of a rank not less than corporal and who is in charge of a state police barracks, shall record the issuance and disposition of such citation upon the audit sheet..." :shock:

When I explained this to the barracks commander, he said "shut-up and fill out the sheet, kid..." :oops:

Well, it was worth a try...
LOL yeah nice try.... :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I thought, and I'm sure the registry is loosing sleep over why they don't have ours yet. We have IMC and the audit sheets can be completed in a matter of seconds. Would love to be able to electonically submit them though...that goes for accident reports too...

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
We have and keep a very accurate audit list but have never had to submit the list. If the registry really wanted to know or needed the list. They would look at the citations/warnings mailed to them and keep a record of that. It's BS just another duplication of records.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts