Chris Medina - Break Even : American Idol 10 Auditions | MassCops

Chris Medina - Break Even : American Idol 10 Auditions

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by HistoryHound, Jan 28, 2011.

1. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I don't watch the show, but they showed this on the news. For a kid his age to stick by his girlfriend after a traumatic brain injury says a lot about his character. We all know stories about how one person bailed on the relationship when the other got sick. I just think it's a nice story.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elaXeN15isM"]YouTube - ! Chris Medina - Break Even : American Idol 10 Auditions ![/nomedia]

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I on the other hand do watch the show with the wife and kiddies. In a way it strikes home. Why you ask?

My oldest child was born with a traumatic brain injury. It was not apparent to us at first, but her Pediatrician caught some abnormalities really quickly and at five weeks old, my baby was diagnosed with CP.

We had a rough first year, and we were at each other's throats quite often. It was mainly due to lack of sleep and no doubt depression. Statistics tell us that marriages where there is a disabled child, fail quite often. It is usually the father that runs from the situation. The first year sucked. My daughter slept no more then three hours a day and that was mostly during the day. She did not hold any of her food down. No sooner then she'd finish the bottle her severe reflux would cause her to throw it all up.

It did not kill us but I think it made us stronger.

So kudos to this kid, I hope he makes the top 10.

3. I also watch the show, and his story was really very touching. The fact that he has stayed w/ her, loyal and caring in every way, "in sickness and in health" as he stated, is very moving. If only more people could experience this kind of unconditional love.
    I have an aunt who suffered w/ various forms of cancer since she was diagnosed w/ breast cancer at age 24. She met a wonderful man about that time, who insisted they get married before she had her surgery. He has spent their entire marriage as her loving spouse, partner, caregiver, and best friend. She has undergone years of pain, illness, hospitalizations, countless surgeries, and grueling treatments. Her body had finally had enough, and she let go of this life just this week, at age 62. My uncle loved her w/ all his heart, and it killed him to lose her. But he finds joy in knowing she is no longer suffering.

That kind of love and devotion is truly remarkable. In today's world, where people marry and divorce at the drop of a hat, for petty reasons,it's nice to see people actually stick it out under really tough circumstances.

4. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Do you guys who watch the show think he has a chance of making it far? I really hope he does, but my knowledge of how the show works is limited to the knowledge that people vote.

5. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I really don't think he is all that good, but based on his story I wish him the best.

6. Yes, the people vote, so its hard to say how far he'll make it. There's a chance he could go pretty far on his voice, and there's a chance he could survive based on personality and sympathy. It all depends on how he performs...
    Personally, I thought he had a decent voice, but not as spectacular as some of the other guys already put through.

7. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

My wife watches the show,

My 2 cents is that it is Ghey Ghey Ghey!!!

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Guess I am just a big homo then... Great.:unsure:

9. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Nothing against anyone for liking a TV show. To each his own. I cant stand the show, but I know alot of people who do enjoy it.

10. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I've watched episodes of the show every season it's been on. I'm not a fan per se, but I do enjoy seeing some of the talent (singing more so than what most guys consider "talent") and the absolute losers are fun to see as well. I have to admit though, I feel bad for some of the total losers who actually believe they're AWESOME!

I even went to an American Idol concert. The next two, I let my wife and daughter go while I went and had some ME time. But that's another story.

I've noticed that those with a story that pull at the heart strings almost ALWAYS to go to HOLLYWOOD but very few get far. If this person has the talent, I hope it pays off. If not, I hope they're not crushed TOO soon.

Then again, to make it ON TV is pretty good, even if you're told "NO". To make it to round TWO is fantastic. Anything beyond that, you are blessed and those that have made it that far should be on thier knees thanking God for, if nothing else, the publicity.

Those that weep and whine and cry because they were turned down on the first round, I want to dope slap them and say, "HEY, ASSHOLE, THOUSANDS CAME HERE, ONLY ABOUT TWO DOZEN MADE IT ON TV!!! STFU!"

Especially if they're talented. They got exposure that many talented singers only DREAM of. STFU. Quit whining and get on with your efforts. Did some of the most successful rock stars and singing stars get their start on TV? NO! They worked their nuts off in crappy clubs, bad parties and on street corners. YOU, got on TV! STFU!

Ah, sorry.:rolleyes: