Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love this quote -
"I feel too embarrassed to buy any sex toys in actual stores," said Candice Zheng, a 25-year-old office worker in Zhejiang province, south of Shanghai. "I just order them from online shops."
It was her little secret... until she was quoted in a news story, lol. :oops:

After long night, Chinese sex toys see new dawn

Thirty years ago, Chinese citizens objected to published photos of people kissing. Today, sex toys are openly sold next to gum and candy.

SHANGHAI - Sex toys in China are not hard to find. They're sold in "adult health" shops around the country, available in hotel minibars, and even on sale by the checkout counter at some convenience stores, next to the gum and candy.
Yet this is a country where just 30 years ago public criticism erupted when a magazine published a picture of a couple kissing on its back cover.
The about face in attitudes towards sex in China, which began when the prudish Communist government launched its opening and reform drive in the late 1970s and has been catalysed by the Internet, is creating a prime business opportunity for the sex toy industry, insiders say.
The market will grow to around $6.4 billion by 2014 from around $1.6 billion at the end of last year, predicts Lin Degang, chief executive of an online retailer of sex toys, www.oyeah.com.cn.
"Within five years, sex toys will be a common commodity for everyday use," he told Reuters. "Sex toys will be a key element of a fashionable lifestyle."

Full story: http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/after-long-night-chinese-sex-toys-see-new-dawn-2

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,540 Posts
Just be careful of the lead paint on them!

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
You guys are crazy, it's a cavalry saddle for reluctant troopers. The generals didn't want them to fall off the horses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.