Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to tell someone, the Chief of my town oky'd me to go to Boylston for the Reserve Academy, finally a step in the right directiont to a new career. I know it will be long but at least it is a start. I know I don't post much, but I read everyday, learned a lot in quick few months
Question though, what do you need for the reserve academy, I know the full time academy there is an equipment list, I don't see one for the part-time, anyone that has gone your input would be appreciated..Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
105 Posts
first you need an open mind your going to get a lot of information in a little time. As for equipment you will need a duty belt some cuffs don't go all out, I would even go to a police supply store and look for used stuff unless you have to buy everything for the department you are going for. good luck and stay safe... look forward to hearing your progress!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on getting to the first step. I went to the Plymouth Academy for R/I and it was a pretty business causal environment, Collared-Shirt/Khaki pants. You will need plenty of pens, highlighter, sticky tabs, index cards, 3 or 4 one subject notebooks, the usual back to school stuff :D . As for gear, we only needed a duty belt for defensive tactics training; your sponsoring department should be able to help you with that. Also look for a letter from the academy outlining what we may need to bring, CPR money, First Responder Money, etc, etc. Good luck in the process, as they will tell you, not all will make it to the end, but if you give it a serious effort and pay attention you will be at graduation before you know it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't wait I am so excited, hopefully i can get a duty belt and cuffs no problem from a friend for class. How is the workload, believe it or not, I still am continuing my Masters Degree this September taking 2more classes and doing this. So tests?quizzes? I can not wait I really am so excited
Oh yeah is there a graduation like the full-time academy?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
The workload won't be too bad. It really depends on how well you retain information that you are given. Like any subject, some people require more studying than others. But most folks find this stuff pretty interesting and pay pretty good attention - thats the key, pay attention. They will drop you hints on whats on the test. If they start talking about laws or amendments you're not sure/aware of, make a note and look it up on break or later so you can also continue to listen to the instructor. ASK QUESTIONS, DON'T be shy..... but don't be like Arnold Horshack ("OOH OOH").

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts