Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No Charges Filed In Case

BOSTON -- A local fire chief denied knowing that illegal drugs were in his department car on Friday, after a bag of pot was found Thursday.

While cleaning Newton Fire Chief Joseph LaCroix's car on Thursday, firefighters found a small bag of marijuana.

"This discovery came as a shock to me. I want to make it very clear that throughout my more than 36-year career as a firefighter, I have never imperiled the safety of Newton firefighters or the general public by using or possessing illegal drugs," LaCroix said in a statement.
LaCroix said he was cooperating with the police in the city where he resides, Marlborough.

"I deeply regret this incident, and I apologize for any embarrassment this has caused to the members of the Newton Fire Department, Mayor Cohen, and to the citizens of Newton," LaCroix said.

Newton mayoral spokesman Jeremy Solomon told the MetroWest Daily News that the incident is under investigation and no charges have yet been filed.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/17267198/detail.html

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Man, you ding-dings know how to (allegedly) f*ck up a great gig. 2 sleep-overs, a BBQ and a car wash every week with full bennies? Sounds good to me.

G

·
the public will still always love us:)
Have you heard the people call in when the Boston Fire union head goes on TV/radio? The public is on to the sham, dude.

If someone said they found a bag of weed in my car, the first thing I'd do is volunteer to take a drug test. Why has Chief LaCroix not done so??

·
Subscribing Member
996 Posts
These are the same members of the public who are against details too but they aren't going away, want to see toll takers gone on the pike etc...

Gotta go make my bed, and plan what I'm going to make for dinner tonight at the sleep-over BBQ

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
:L::l:

·
Subscribing Member
498 Posts
Man, you ding-dings know how to (allegedly) f*ck up a great gig. 2 sleep-overs, a BBQ and a car wash every week with full bennies? Sounds good to me.
Then they wake up, all rested, and climb into their company van to go to their HVAC, drywalling or landscaping gig.

·
Subscribing Member
996 Posts
Then they wake up, all rested, and climb into their company van to go to their HVAC, drywalling or landscaping gig.
have to do something to keep from getting bored with 5 days off every week.

Maybe we'll hire some of you guys when the flagmen take over and you don't have your "side job" of details

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
We'll be too busy pulling over the business vehicles of firefighter's "side jobs" for a thorough inspection to do that. Ticket appeals = OT. :p
And improper registration for a "commercial" vehicle...big $$$.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NEWTON

Police say drugs didn't belong to fire chief

Marijuana found in Newton Fire Chief John LaCroix's city-issued car last week belonged to his grandson, Marlborough police said yesterday. Sean LaCroix, 19, who lives with his grandparents in Marlborough, admitted to police that he owned the drugs, Marlborough police Captain Paul Valianti said. Police will determine whether to file charges against Sean LaCroix this week. The drugs fell out of Sean LaCroix's pocket on Wednesday inside the LaCroix home, Valianti said. John LaCroix's wife found the drugs, and informed the chief. He told her to put them in her car, with the intention that they would take them to the police station the following day, Valianti said. LaCroix's wife mistakenly placed the marijuana in the fire chief's car without his knowledge, Valianti said. Firefighters cleaning the chief's car on Thursday discovered the drugs under the driver's seat and alerted LaCroix, who then went to City Hall and informed officials. After hearing LaCroix's explanation, officials advised the chief to go to his hometown police station.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
"Hon, just put that dime bag in your car, we'll get around to getting rid of those illegal narcotics later"

Dumbass, call the PD and have them come out to do an invest and seize them at the time that you found them, or flush the shit down the toilet. Now it just looks like you're either lying or a douchebag or both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts