Checking interest for a New Police Store | MassCops

Checking interest for a New Police Store

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by daxxkid, May 20, 2010.

1. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Hey all, not sure if this is the right place, but I am looking to open a Police Supply store around Framingham area. Wanted to see what the interest is like in that area and try to figure out if it would be worth it. Thank you in advance.

2. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

I no longer live in the area, but reality is that with so many internet-only shops that have low overhead, opening a new storefront seems like a mighty risky business endeavor these days. Unless you carry a line or two of items that are hard to find in person around the area, have some kind of incredible customer service, or some gimmick of sorts, it just does not seem like a good move.

But I am not a businessman, so I don't know for sure.

3. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Thank you, the customer service will be more then incredible, I will start by carrying whatever I can, also if it's owned by a cop, I would sort of know what everyone needs and wants, we will see what happens. This is why I posted this to see what you guys think. Thank you for your input.

4. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

MHQ natick shut down...there must have been a reason

but if you charge less than trippys, our dept would probably come to you...
    and if you charge less than bellingham police ems fire, i would probably come to you

P.S. not sure about trippys, but bellingham is owned/operated by a cop

5. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

MHQ in Natick shut down for a variety of reasons. Bellingham is a bit expensive. Maybe the logic is that if we are using uniform allowance, what do we care about the price. I for one care alot about the price and the customer service. My $750.00 per year needs to be stretched out as much as it can be. When I come in and buy two shirts and two pairs of pants, and blow out 1/3 of my allowance... Well, that's a problem.

6. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

I'd definitely be interested.

I'd like to see a good Safariland dealer in this area. MHQ (Marlborough) is listed as the closest dealer to me but they don't carry anything in the store. You have to order everything and I had to wait a month for it to come in when they told me it was going to be a week or two.

Jurek Brothers in Greenfield, while they don't have everything single thing Safariland or their affiliates offer, they have a decent selection with an entire wall dedicated to just Safariland holsters and their prices are usually lower than I can find on the internet. They also get into limited firearms and firearms accessories for law enforcement among some other shit. It's just that Greenfield is a bit of a hike.

Maybe you could work with JohnB from Liotec on lights to bring some business in. As far as I know, he doesn't have a store and he's from the area, right?

It would definitely be nice to have another store in the area, though.

7. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Thanks for the input, this is a ways away right now, but I will make it work if everything goes as I am planning. I will check all the prices around and will try to be competitive.

You know you will be taken care of buddy! :rolleyes:

Don't forget to call me when you can...

8. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I NEVER shop for my work stuff on line!! I have to try on whatever I'm buying for one, and the other reason is I need to support the local shop owners!! The wife and I argue about this shit all the time!

9. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Thank you, great input, I will look into that.
    What is the biggest complaint so far from everyone, besides pricing?

10. daxxkid

daxxkid MassCops Member

Thank you sir, I don't argue anymore, I say yes baby, you are correct lol

11. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

If the price is right I would be interested. It is a bit out of the way from where I live but prices on things mean a lot. A lot of the places around my area charge an arm and leg.

12. Hater

Hater Banned Bagadouche

I would be interested. the place I went to in Billerica was way overpriced, they don't any tailoring on site and I have been waiting a year for a couple of items I purchased.

13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

While I may agree with the sentiment, I would strongly rethink your choice in Screen Names. Just saying.

14. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

+2

And good luck Dax. Sounds like a great idea and close by!

15. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Ive had good experiences in Billerica, and they do tailor on-site. I had a pair of pants done while I waited.

16. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

was thinking the EXACT same thing

17. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

1. Not carrying what I am looking for/limited selection
    2. Seamstress doesn't know wtf they're doing.

18. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

The Super Jew is the only place to go if you're in the Merrimack Valley area

19. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

We have 3 or 4 in the SE Mass area. Couple of them are good the others not so much....

20. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

And then I want to eat my gun after spending an hour with Miron.

21. TopCop24

Absolutely 263, but I've noticed that he takes care of us better than anyone else

22. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

He did our dress uniform. He screwed up several times which required me to go there four times. Considering that I live right off of exit 18 on 495 that made for a very frustrating situation. But I will say that if you need it, he probably has it. I just hate that freaking commute.

23. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Whusamata, going west past 495 scare ya? Trippis is expensive as hell and their selection leaves something to be desired. The talent down at Community F&P is worth the trip, but their selection is also limited..

Go west young man. There are actually cops out here..

24. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I have gone Wst Deuce. I do live in Worcester County, albeit not in Worcester. I tend to try and not go to far to shop. What I save on the product will be off-set by cost of gas and waste of my valuable and virtyally non-existant free time. With at least two vendors now coming to the station, who needs to travel, but if daxxkid builds one in Framingham, I will come.

25. TopCop24

I have one in my man town...Sam Summer on tap as we speak.