Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, having a brain drain... what sec. does "only one license plate displayed (red plates)" fall?

And just curious what everyones favorite "little peeves" are for initiating a stop? (i.e. aftermarket lighting)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I hate those stupid tinted plastic license plate covers (c90 s6) and tinted headlight/turn signal covers (c90 s7). It is a good idea to stop for improper display of plates when there is only one red plate displayed, because often times people are running two cars on one plate. As MT1 stated, whatever feels like a good stop on any particular day. I stopped a guy who had all sorts of lumber sticking out of his pickup in excess of four feet without a red flag. He ended up having a warrant. I wrote him a warning for the c90 violation and locked him up on the warant.

·
Registered
393 Posts
MatchStick said:
I hate those stupid tinted plastic license plate covers (c90 s6) and tinted headlight/turn signal covers (c90 s7). It is a good idea to stop for improper display of plates when there is only one red plate displayed, because often times people are running two cars on one plate. As MT1 stated, whatever feels like a good stop on any particular day. I stopped a guy who had all sorts of lumber sticking out of his pickup in excess of four feet without a red flag. He ended up having a warrant. I wrote him a warning for the c90 violation and locked him up on the warant.
MatchStick,
what happened with the lumber? I could of used it for my new shed! :L: :wink:

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
My pet peeves: 90-7E; 90-9D; 540 CMR 22.06 & 540 CMR 18.00 (inclusive)

·
Registered
165 Posts
MatchStick,
what happened with the lumber? I could of used it for my new shed!
PJM#15:

The lumber remained in the truck and the guy's laborer took over driving (after afixing a red flag to the load of course).

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
My pet peves are 90/9, 90/20 and 90/11, dont get me wrong ill stop for anything but those three drive me nuts, lol

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
Well I used to do doubles shifts as a dispatcher-(one behind the desk and one as a ride along unpaid of course) I think what just drove me nuts were child seatbelt violation, blue light violations (those damn winshield wiper lights and neon underbody lights) and failure to grant right away fro emergency vehicles. Like i said that is stuff that i used to notice just doing the ride alongs in fact i still notice and it kinda bugs me.

It's been over two years and i was a dispatcher and no academy ( so don't crucify me)so lets see if i can remember, some1 correct me if i am wrong:

90-7AA For the child seatbelt?
90-7E Blue Light?
89-7 Emergency vehicle

·
MassCops Member
81 Posts
Throwing a lit cigarette from a MV, especially when it lands on the hood of your sled!!!!! :evil: GIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i love the look on their face when i advise them that it is a CRIMINAL offense. :shock:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
40th MPOC#309 said:
A real hero, huh? I'm a Harley D guy, but I HATE the H/D's w/straight pipes almost as much as the 90 mph Rice rockets :evil:
Dickie!

You are NOT a Harley guy! You are way too cool for that! You have Triumph/Ducati/BMW written all over you. If you MUST buy American, then buy a Victory!
8)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hmmmm pet peeves? I'd have to say blowing a red light when I'm in my cruiser and am alone facing a green light. I guess a big blue crown vic with 3M lettering all over it just doesn't stand out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My new pass time...

When going to a hot call with 2-3 other cruisers, there's always one A.H. that doesn't yield to the first cruisers and will not stop for them and let them through the intersection.
If we are called off, I go after the cars that didn't yield.

I love the look on their face...they assumed you were going to the call and wouldn't be going after them... ha ha.

·
Had enough
3,270 Posts
The things that annoy me are those $500 cars with the $10000 stereo turned up so loud that you can hear them from a half mile away. It does make it easy to find them though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts