Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up. I recently learned that the crosswalk violation fines are going up to $200 as of Nov. 7, 2004.

I'll try to find some text/link on that...

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks, I already have the CMVI update...

According to MSP Online Academy (Legal Updates):

Chapter 270 of the Acts of 2004 (effective 11/07/04) amends G.L. c. 89, § 11, pertaining to pedestrian safety in crosswalks, so as to increase the fine to $200, and extend the zone of safety from five to ten feet from the center line when the pedestrian is approaching from the opposite side of the road, and to require local or state police to investigate all pedestrian injuries in crosswalks caused by motorists.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Chapter 270 of the Acts of 2004
AN ACT RELATIVE TO PEDESTRIAN SAFETY AT CROSSWALKS.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

SECTION 1. Section 11 of chapter 89 of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2002 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking out, in line 8, the word "five" and inserting in place thereof the following figure:- 10.

SECTION 2. Said section 11 of said chapter 89, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by inserting after the word "crosswalk", in line 12, the following words:- while a pedestrian is crossing or.

SECTION 3. Said section 11 of said chapter 89, as amended by section 86 of chapter 46 of the acts of 2003, is hereby further amended by striking out the third paragraph and inserting in place thereof the following 2 paragraphs:-

Whoever violates any provision of this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than $200.

This only means that when they set the fines for the offenses they can go upto 200.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts