Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how dept's are dealing with the decreasing coverage with Verizons CDPD service. I have read in some reports that one city (not in mass) went from 70% citywide coverage to about 30% with no signs of improvement because CDPD is being phased out and the only route to go is with the new CDMA. Is anybody seeing that much of a loss with your laptop connections?

We are experiencing a lot of downtime and disconnects with the laptops, at first I thought it was a problem with the laptops themselves (bad modem or messed up configuration) but it appears to be a connection (area coverage) problem.

Has anyone started switching over to CDMA and if so with what carrier (Verizon, Sprint, etc...)

MassCops Founder
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention it S.Attleboro coverage is the worst.... I wonder if RI has already started to phase it out :? I would hope that NEXTEL and Sprint jump on the bandwagon, the competition will do nothing but good things for LE here in mass, lower prices better coverage etc...

I did see a memo from AT&T Wireless stating it's time to act on this now and they are claiming to save money with their CDPD migration program as compared to Verizons.

I don't want to type the entire memo but the contact info for the Government Account Team is:

Jim Leonard
781-929-0449
[email protected]

and

Stephen Centorino
617-513-8607
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts