Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, within last week especially, all of our laptop modem have been disconnecting. Called CHSB and Verizon and they said that there is a virus which I strongly believe is coming from Verizon and not CHSB since our server is OK. I ran the NAV Stinger(excellent program) and found the W32/Korgo Worm.t virus on all the laptops. After using Stinger all the modems worked with no problem but within a day or two the viruses are back. I heard numerous departments are having the same problem, anyone else out there with same nonsense. We use Airlink Pinpoint GPS/CDPD Modems but same problem on cars using the Sierra Wireless MP200 modems. Also, none of our laptops are connected to the internet and you cannot get access to internet at all on them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same problem with viruses the day I connected our new laptops to Verizon using CDMA...I finally got rid of all the viruses.....don't forget to run your virus tools (stinger, norton, etc.) in "safe-mode".

If you don't run the computer in safe mode while removing the viruses - they will reappear later.

Hope this helps.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts