CBS under fire for new sitcom with profane title: '$#*! My Dad Says'... | MassCops

CBS under fire for new sitcom with profane title: '$#*! My Dad Says'...

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by kwflatbed, May 23, 2010.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Parents group threatens CBS show

The "$#*!" is already hitting the fan.

With CBS is rolling out a show this fall that hints at an expletive in its title, watchdog group the Parents Television Council is threatening the network's affiliates with a challenge to their broadcast licenses.

[​IMG]

At its upfront presentation in New York on Wednesday, CBS announced "$#*!" My Dad Says," a new comedy based on the popular Twitter feed "Shit My Dad Says." The show will air at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday nights this fall. The comedy stars William Shatner in the title role as a curmudgeon who dispenses politically incorrect opinions and advice to his son (trailer here).
    Tim Winter, president of the Los Angeles-based PTC, said he was aware that CBS was developing a series based on the Twitter sensation, but "we couldn't imagine that a network would actually name a program either with an expletive or with the expletive ostensibly bleeped out."

Parents group threatens CBS show -- The Live Feed | THR

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Funny enough, with all the crap that's on and all the envelopes pushed, here's something that could be quite funny. I'm not a twitter person, but I've read some of the comments posted from other sources and William Shatner, if given the right vehicle is a freakin' riot. I hope this show get's is fair shot. It's not like the actual title is "SHIT" it's a euphemism, what the *&$% is wrong with that?