CBP - Marine Interdiction Agent | MassCops

CBP - Marine Interdiction Agent

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by acampane, Apr 8, 2009.

1. acampane

acampane New Member

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the CBP Marine Interdiction Agent position and wether they hire often or not. Any info on the topic is appreciated! thanks.

2. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

As I understand it from reading the posting on usajobs.com any special units you have to apply from within. Are you currently with CBP? If not then you need to work up to the appropriate GS level. Wish I could provide more info sorry.

3. acampane

acampane New Member

I am not currently a CBP officer. I am in the process but had also seen this position and did not know if it was seperate or transfer from within the dept. I have a lot of applications out like im sure a lot of members on this site do and i was just looking into another position, thanks for the info.

4. RCS

RCS MassCops Member

Seperate job, there are three components to CBP, Field Ops (airports, seaports, landborders), the Border Patrol, and Air and Marine. Not a special unit at all, but I believe they look for some maritime experience.

5. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

It's a totally different division of CBP. The public can apply but they want a certain number of hours in the air or at sea, which you can only really get in the military. So if you got the hours and certs apply. All the guys I have encountered love the job

6. acampane

acampane New Member

Gotcha, thanks. the posting that HLEPme saw were for instructors. I appreciate the information. I was not in the military. i have Bachelors in CJ...But i do have my Captains License so i have spent a lot of time on the water. When the posting is up it never hurts to try, thanks for the help i appreciate it.

7. HELPMe

HELPMe New Member

I had a total brain fart. :alcoholi: I remember seeing a posting on usajobs for a position in aviation last summer and it was required to have x amount of hours. I thought it was for current employees only. Oh well, sorry acampane. Good luck with the job hunt.