Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my LTC A with no restrictions. I have a USPc 9mm with a Comptac MTac minotaur IWB holster. Im not a real bit guy, im 5'10" 160lbs. I am carrying at about 5 o clock and even wearing 2 t-shirts you can sometimes see the imprint of the grip sticking out of the shirt. Not visible but just like a bulge under my shirt. I understand the whole point of concealed carry is for no one to know, but if someone sees the bulge could i get into any legal trouble?

also i dont know if this is a common problem with carrying concealed but when i carry at 5 o clock if i bend at the waist to grab something on a lower shelf at a store and then stand up again my shirt gets caught on the grip and doesnt slide down to where is should be. Again the gun is never visible but just a bulge. Does anyone else find this to be a problem?

G

·
I recently got my LTC A with no restrictions. I have a USPc 9mm with a Comptac MTac minotaur IWB holster. Im not a real bit guy, im 5'10" 160lbs. I am carrying at about 5 o clock and even wearing 2 t-shirts you can sometimes see the imprint of the grip sticking out of the shirt. Not visible but just like a bulge under my shirt. I understand the whole point of concealed carry is for no one to know, but if someone sees the bulge could i get into any legal trouble?

also i dont know if this is a common problem with carrying concealed but when i carry at 5 o clock if i bend at the waist to grab something on a lower shelf at a store and then stand up again my shirt gets caught on the grip and doesnt slide down to where is should be. Again the gun is never visible but just a bulge. Does anyone else find this to be a problem?
Most sheeple think it's a cell phone if they see a bump on your side nowadays. Hell... people will start carrying ipads on a thigh rig soon. Your best bet is to go with an IWB holster if you are really that concerned about it. Then you can think about your tactical drapery.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can't get into any legal "trouble" as long as your LTC A has no restrictions on it, therefore making it a real license to carry. "Printing" as they call it is when you can see the outline of the firearm or mag well, and as long as you are aware if an Officer engages you in confrontation, COMPLY WITH HIS COMMANDS! Always have your proper Licenses and ID on you and you should be good to go.

Best bet to avoid the situation is to try to keep it concealed as best you can. But always remember, if an Officer is giving you orders, do exactly what he/she says. The Officer is always going to think you are a "Bad guy" with a gun rather than a law abiding citizen. But we as Law Enforcement Officers have a priority to go home to our families and loved ones at the end of our shift.

Always keep that in mind! :smug:

Read the Laws about where you can legally carry as well or that can get you in the glue real quick!

·
Subscribing Member
996 Posts
is that AM or PM. Maybe if you carry it later at night people might not see it as well, or during the day stand with your back to the sun so the glare will blind them.

I never knew the time of day made a difference in concealability

G

·
Fabric really does make a difference. Might want to google concealed carry clothing or something. Some types a fabric and blends are not forgiving at all when printing a weapon.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Try a Glock 26 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. No printing, comfy to carry. I carry either that or a Galco SOB in the 5 o'clock position. For that one, just get in the habit of tugging the shirt tail down regularly.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Try a Glock 26 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. No printing, comfy to carry. I carry either that or a Galco SOB in the 5 o'clock position. For that one, just get in the habit of tugging the shirt tail down regularly.
:smug::thumbs_up:

Yep, this is how bored I am

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
You want to conceal, go with a J-frame or single stack low capacity semiauto IWB at 2:00. With your frame, you're going to print with a double stack at 5 unless you're wearing a sweater over a sweatshirt, which wouldn't be at all suspicious on an 80-degree day...

...you also may want to practice crouching to pick things up vs. bending.
It's better for your back anyway.:wink_smile:

---------- Post added at 08:27 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

On another note, I carry a full sized Kimber .45 when not at work. I have no issue keeping it well hidden even in the summer. I carry it at 3 o'clock, just like I carry on duty. I find it better to carry a weapon in the same general area, no matter what the application is. Muscle memory is everything in my opinion. If you keep mixing it up, you will find yourself fumpbilng around for your weapon when you need it most. Try wearing a good quality t-shirt that is a size larger. I am not a big guy either. At 5'9" and about 160, if I can hide my giant .45, you can find a way to do it as well.

·
dirtbaggumus maximus
414 Posts
Move the pistol to in front of your hip so you can see it and have better retention.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Eh, just get a Desert Eagle or .44 Mag and stick it in a polo shirt that has a pocket on the chest, nobody will notice...

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Why would you need a duty belt????????

As to your firearm leaving a buldge, try wearing a button up shirt a size bigger than you normally wear
+1 to the button down shirt. Works like a champ and I don't even need a size bigger.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
When they comment on the bulge at your waist, tell them it's all you. Tell them you are so huge, you have to wrap it twice around your mid section.:redcarded:

·
Subscribing Member
996 Posts
When they comment on the bulge at your waist, tell them it's all you. Tell them you are so huge, you have to wrap it twice around your mid section.:redcarded:
Tell people its your colostomy bag and you ate corn on the cob and chilli and it is about to overflow.

·
5,985 Posts
I've been reading all these posts and I want to let you all in on something. I don't have a compact handgun so I open carry on a regular basis. I usually wear underwear on my head. This tends to distract people from the fact I'm carrying a firearm. It's worked pretty well so far and I'll continue until something bad happens.

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Learn to dress around your weapon, not vice-versa. You're going to find that carrying concealed is a job unto itself, and that as you get more experienced, you let your concealment issues dictate your clothing choices. For instance, I tend to carry either a Smith "J" frame or a Kahr 9mm, either which are easy weapons to carry concealed, but because I use a belt holster, I always have to wear clothing that supports belts.

Novice concealed carry users tend to make a much bigger deal about printing then they need to. Most people are entirely self-absorbed and thus completely oblivious to what goes on around them. Any printing, if its even noticed, will be written off as a smartphone or some other device.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts