car tinting/inspection | MassCops

car tinting/inspection

Discussion in 'Vehicle Laws' started by pineapplesf, Mar 3, 2015.

1. pineapplesf

pineapplesf New Member

I moved from Texas, where my car was bought and registered. It was a total pain in the rear end to get the car registered in mass. By the time I was done, all the inspection stations were closed. I finally get another day off to do this inspection thing. First I need that registration paper (OK, fine, different than Texas, but whatever). Then they tell me my tinting is too dark (29% instead of 35%). OK, fine. Now I'm past my 7 days to get my car inspected, its the middle of winter (kinda a bad time to remove tint), and I'm really confused by the laws. It says it's OK for out of state vehicles? I bought the car like this -- I didn't add tinting and I'm pretty sure that's how Honda shipped it to the dealer (kinda necessary in Texas). Do I still need it removed? If I dont, how do I get paperwork to prove it so I can get it inspected to not get a ticket? I read you can get a 200$ fine for tinted windows -- even as I'm trying to get it fixed? The guy told me I have zero days to fix it -- which seems weird. Texas gave 10 days from failed inspection -- so you have time to actually fix the car. Is that not a thing here?

2. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

Once your car is registered in Mass it is no longer an out of state vehicle.

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Get a hairdryer, heat it up, and start pulling. There is no "grace period". You moved to this state, enjoy our laws.

4. pineapplesf

pineapplesf New Member

And I am leaving as soon as possible >.< thank you for the response.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  5. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Why the hell did you come? LOL

BxDetSgt and Bloodhound like this.
  6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Can I come with you?

7. pineapplesf

pineapplesf New Member

I assume like everyone else, for my job. They have already agreed to moving me to a different state when my lease is up.

8. Goose

What is this...Masscops Singles? First time I've seen a member try to pick someone up in an AAC thread. ;)

38bigblock, LawMan3, Code 3 and 4 others like this.
  9. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

This nanny state sucks balls, I don't blame you for getting out ASAFP

10. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

11. militia_man

militia_man MassCops Member

Because, Massachusetts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pahapoika likes this.
  12. Goose

Yeah, doesn't mean she's going back there though. ;)

mtc likes this.
  13. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

May be warmer, but they have snow. My cousin sent a picture the other day. It's awful. The snow drifts were almost an inch high.

14. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Well hold on here now................

Maybe old Bloodhound came come over and help pull the tint off those windows little lady :cool:

Show ya a little Massachusetts hospitality :)

Bloodhound and Goose like this.
  15. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Just cruise down the pike weaving around cars, I'm sure a trooper would be happy to have a roadside conversation about your concerns. Make sure he's wearing his cover, or the citation won't be valid

16. felony

felony MassCops Member

Before I attended my academy, I removed my tint with a clothing steamer. Worked like a charm, I removed tint from all 5 windows in an hour.

Code 3 likes this.