Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
William Rose
WBZ

YARMOUTH (WBZ) ― A South Yarmouth man will be back in a familiar place Wednesday morning - court. He's been arrested for drunk driving for the 15th time.

William Rose, 59, was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. for allegedly driving erratically on Old Main Street. He was arrested after authorities say he failed a series of sobriety tests.

Yarmouth police say it wasn't until Rose was brought back to the station that a check of his history revealed 14 prior OUI arrests and 9 prior convictions.

Because of his past, his license was only valid between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. so he could work.

Rose was held overnight. He will be arraigned in Barnstable District Court.

http://wbztv.com/local/drunk.driving.oui.2.788899.html

G

·
9 prior convictions. Wow, he got screwed. He must have been in front of a real judge or had a non-Beacon Hill type lawyer.

·
Subscribing Member
583 Posts
And yet, with nine prior convictions, he was still able get a hardship license to drive from 0700-1900. That is utterly ridiculous...

·
Stirrer of the Pot
4,338 Posts
And I thought this was a post about the Chappaquiddick Triathlon winner Ted, "Err Ahhhhhhh I thought she could swim", Kennedy :baby21:

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Because of his past, his license was only valid between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. so he could work.
That statement is so utterly absurd, had I not known it was true, I would have thought it satire.
With that kind of leniency, it's only a matter of time before the judges and DMV for Barnstable county have the blood of Mr. Roses victims on their hands.

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
How long does everyone think he will get?? I had one very similar to this 9 convictions, with mine being the 10th and he plead out to 5 years. Went to Worcester Superior.

G

·
With that kind of leniency, it's only a matter of time before the judges and DMV for Barnstable county have the blood of Mr. Roses victims on their hands.
The judges already have the blood of victims on their hands, Koz. They obviously don't care.

·
Registered
422 Posts
How long does everyone think he will get?? I had one very similar to this 9 convictions, with mine being the 10th and he plead out to 5 years. Went to Worcester Superior.
Knowing the courts, a suspended sentence and a lifetime license suspension for being a habitual offender. That aside, he will probably have another hardship license by 2011. If anyone actually believes Melanies Law has had any positive affect on this epidemic you really need to think twice.

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
Speaking of Melanie's Law, how come he didn't have the breathalizer installed in his vehicle? Or did he. Another question that comes to mind, why wasn't he in jail, 9 convictions. Third time I said it today, gotta love the justice system. The police are out busting their ass, for what, so these dirtbags can go out over and over and keep committing crimes. Are they going to wait until this idiot kills someone?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Thanks Delta, you would think that having your niece killed by a drunk driver would have a dramatic effect on you..Senior year in high school a friend of mine at the time killed 3 of our friends on 133 in Essex and It did the trick for me...

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
If anyone actually believes Melanies Law has had any positive affect on this epidemic you really need to think twice.
Melanie's Law has done nothing but make it easier for drunk drivers to escape the consequences of their actions. Breathalyzers are no longer prima facie evidence that someone is impaired, merely evidence pointing to impairment. So someone could blow a .15 and still be found NG by a judge or jury, if they think the person was still unimpaired by that level of alcohol. Shameless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts