Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Gunny saw some handsome Lasell Cops on Channel 5 this AM. The Gunny heard that two shitbags beat two kids with a baseball bat, and were given two text book arm-bars out of there vehicle by some very good looking Lasell cops, as they tried to flee.

The Gunny gets very motivated when people go to jail in newton, but then he read this:

Letter: Lasell endangers public safety again

Tuesday, October 7, 2003

We are likely the only neighborhood in Newton to have the dubious distinction of an armed gunman fleeing through residential streets for the second time and from the same source. Last week, a Lasell campus party resulted in an armed suspect fleeing an altercation through the surrounding residential streets. (TAB, Sept. 24.)

On Halloween 1998, a young man was shot and wounded at another Lasell party. An angry confrontation then spilled outside toward nearby homes and required 12 Newton Police officers and the assistance of the State Police to suppress. (TAB, Nov. 5, 1998.) Lasell officials refused to meet with the Newton Police and residents to discuss improved safety measures, despite the severity of the incident. Instead they accused the neighbors of "rabble-rousing" and said they preferred to form their own "task force" to help law enforcement professionals. (TAB, Nov. 12, 1998.) E-mails to campus security and the college ombudsman eight months after the shooting requesting written information on the "task force," agenda, recommendations, actions or anything, met with no response.

In the intervening years, Lasell's unresponsiveness has continued even as campus-generated crime has risen. To cite only the reportable crimes, there has been a rape; an attempted rape; several arrests for assault and battery; students arrested for beating each other with bats; drug arrests; arrests for alcohol possession by minors; car break-ins and vandalism on surrounding streets; and now a second serious gun incident. All were reported in TAB articles and the crime section. Loud campus parties continue frequently.

As the campus is fully integrated into a residential neighborhood, which used to be safe and quiet, the college's ongoing failure to control its own environment and exercise authority over its students, visitors and renters is extremely alarming and a threat to everyone who lives here ... If it continues to ignore the problems it generates, Lasell College remains a danger to public safety and a tragedy waiting to happen.

Jane Parker :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hawthorne Avenue

The Gunny thinks this jerk needs some positive reinforcement. :FM:

·
Subscribing Member
561 Posts
Fight Erupts At Local College
Two Men Face Attempted Murder Charges

POSTED: 7:26 a.m. EDT October 10, 2003
UPDATED: 7:41 a.m. EDT October 10, 2003

BOSTON -- A fight at Lasalle College sent one person to a hospital with serious head injuries Thursday night.

Police in Newton said two men beat a victim with a baseball bat near the dorms on Seminary Avenue.

Two suspects were arrested overnight and are due in court Friday to face charges of assault with intent to murder.

SGT. HARTMAN,

It appears that a once prestigious all-girls junior college really attracts a rough crowd now-a-days. In this case, arrests were made and hopefully the courts will make an example of them. I commend the Lasell Officers who apprehended the individuals and hope that the Administration of the College recognizes a job well done.

D.K.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Nice to see....

I commend the Lasell Officers who apprehended the individuals and hope that the Administration of the College recognizes a job well done.
It's nice to see the positive stuff once an a while. :wink:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
This is why when I drive through Newton I have to RACE through there, because I don't like that feeling of infuriating energy all those tree-hugging complaining liberals have permeated the place with. I can just feel it slithering all over me, trying to get in. Same thing happens when I drive through Cambridge. :letitall:

Just one :eek:t: question... why do you refer to yourself in the third person???

GUNNERYSGTHARTMAN said:
Well the Gunny saw some handsome Lasell Cops on Channel 5 this AM. The Gunny heard that two shitbags beat two kids with a baseball bat, and were given two text book arm-bars out of there vehicle by some very good looking Lasell cops, as they tried to flee.

The Gunny gets very motivated when people go to jail in newton, but then he read this...

The Gunny thinks this jerk needs some positive reinforcement. :FM:
:huh:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Hmmm... :-k I kind of like that... although I was never in the military, maybe I'll start calling myself, "The DUNNY." :!:

That would be cool. :rock:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Sharp work Gunny!!! =D> =D> =D>

Although the idiot who wrote the article should be subject to a beating. Anyone who's never worked in a Police field are always the critic.

G

·
Great work Gunny,

You and your crew should be well rewarded by your Chief and or the Administration. But will it happen? I hope so but I will not hold my breath.

Maybe they should construct a fence around Lasalle at Newton's expense! Then you'll hear the limousine liberals screaming and the ACLU will come charging in shouting that peoples rights are being denied. You can then calmly explain that is the way the surrounding community actavists wants it. Watch them sing a different tune after you toss that bomb out there.
:whistle:

Doesn't it make you feel like you are........ ](*,) and make you feel like :uc:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Found this article in the Herald, you know the shitheads at the Globe would never write a good report like this :sly:

2 charged in Newton baseball bat attack

by David Weber
Saturday, October 11, 2003

A Dorchester man and a Lasell College student were in court yesterday facing charges that they clobbered a man with a baseball bat so severely that he's in critical condition.

The unnamed 20-year-old victim was in the intensive care unit at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center last night.

Middlesex Assistant District Attorney Mary Beth Long did not offer a motive for the attack, which occurred in a parking lot on the Lasell campus in Newton about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.

Long said the 20-year-old victim was not a Lasell student. A second victim, a 21-year-old Lasell student, also suffered head injuries during the baseball bat attack and was being treated yesterday at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Authorities withheld the names of both victims.

Campus police responded to the report of the fight and encountered a customized white Mercedes-Benz leaving the parking lot. Officers later found $40,000 in cash and an electric stun gun inside the car.

``Those are the guys. Those are the guys who hit the kid with the baseball bat,'' a witness told the police and pointed toward the Mercedes.

When Newton police arrived, the campus police already had Dung Ly, 19, of Dorchester, and Lasell student Khoa Vo, 20, in custody.

Long said the officers found one of the victims lying on the ground in a pool of blood.

She said Ly and Vo initially attacked the 21-year-old Lasell student but turned on the 20-year-old after a third man pulled the student away from the mayhem.

Long said numerous witnesses identified Ly as the man they saw holding the bat and standing over the more seriously injured man as he lay on the ground.

Ly and Vo were arraigned in Newton District Court on charges of attempted murder and two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Ly also was charged with possession of a stun gun. They were held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing Wednesday.

Court-appointed defense lawyer A.J. Blank, representing Vo, said his client is a Vietnam native and a junior at Lasell College.

``There's a lot more to this than meets the eye. You only heard one side of this story,'' Blank said, declining to elaborate.

Ly already faced Suffolk Superior Court charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and possession of a gun with an obliterated serial number stemming from a May 17 incident.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
I use to work part time for two years with Lasell College PD. A great bunch of guys/gals. The bat incident recently was/is not new to the college. When I was there we had several incidents with Guns, A+BwithDWs, Rapes ect..
They have a good/fair repour with Newton Police. They need to get chapter 90 powers though. They are Middlesex Sheriffs but the hire admins did not want us to do ch90 stops. I remember Newton residents being ass holes to the college. Complaining and bitching about loud noise ect... I use to tell them the college was here for 150years how long have you been living here. That would get a dirty reaction when I told them that. lol

PS Good Catch Lasell PD

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do agree that Lasell PD has a good dept. and this was a good catch, but I think that they need to do a better job of keeping Newton "in the loop". When they had that armed gunman running around they failed to notify Newton. Newton was on the way up to Lasell for a noise complaint. We called them to let them know and ask if they would send a car with ours. Their dispatcher says oh by the way we're looking for... and gives us the info. Now I'm not sure what their staffing level on the over night is, but I would think that it might be a good idea to call for some help, or at least give us the heads up. And this is not the first time they've done something like this.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lasell is trying the balancing act. Used to be an all girls junior college. They opened it to men and get a bunch of shitbags from the city. So they open Lasell Village elderly housing to smooth things over. Lasell doesn't need c90, they need to work more closely with Newton to establish and maintain a better rapport ("repour"). If they got c90, they would be sitting on Comm Ave all day and night stopping cars, instead of concentrating on policing the shitbags that go there. Perhaps Lasell would have a better reputation with its neighbors if the cruisers weren't always parked by the PD. The c90 wasn't needed to aprehend the two shitbags that fled in the mercedes, because it was a felony in their presence.

·
MassCops Member
65 Posts
Whether or not they have or get chap. 90 is to be debated. However, it can be a great tool for those officers to have. I totally disagree with statement that they'll be out on Comm. Ave. stopping cars because the streets of Newton aren't their responsibility. Trust me I know from my own personal expereinces. They don't have a bunch of yahoo's working there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mpc111, I did not mean for it to sound as if Lasell PD was a bunch of yahoos. I have known Lasell officers who are yahoos and some who are very squared away. My point was that there are a lot of things that need to be addressed before c90 is a concern.

·
MassCops Member
65 Posts
Match, you're the one who opened the Ch90 issue. It seems like a perfect time to address it. In the past, incidents have been addressed particularly with the neighbors. However, they have a heavy handedness and want things one way and one way only. They seem to be only creating more of a problem than part of the solution.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mpc111;

I did not start the c90 debate. I only made a comment after reading about it in BHCCPD's post:

"They have a good/fair repour with Newton Police. They need to get chapter 90 powers though. They are Middlesex Sheriffs but the hire admins did not want us to do ch90 stops."

Newton is a unique place. I grew up there, so I know how hardheaded and one sided people tend to be. Perhaps I did not think things through when I originally posted. I certainly am not anti Lasell PD. I just think that given the environment and the fact that members of the neighborhood are already fed up with Lasell, implementing c90 would be a bad idea right now.

·
MassCops Member
65 Posts
I stand corrected on the Ch. 90 issue, my apologies. But like I said the neighbors create more of an problem. They want and want and want, but what does the the school or PD get, in return from the community? There has been no good faith effort on their part to help alleviate any problem or formulate any kind of plan. At least that I'm aware of.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.