Can't Get Into Site On Firefox | MassCops

Can't Get Into Site On Firefox

Discussion in 'Registering & Login Troubles' started by Inspector, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

I get 500 error and now forbidden message as I try to enter using my firefox. I am using my safari now. How can I rectify?

2. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I just tried my firefox & it worked. I was having problems last night getting on with internet explorer, but was able to get on with my droid.

3. Inspector

Getting this message on my Firefox right now:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at MassCops - Massachusetts Law Enforcement Network

4. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

That's the error I got last night. The only thing I did between last night & this morning was clear my cookies & internet history (which initially didn't work) and then turned off & powered up my machine again. So, I don't know if what I did actually helped or if it was just a glitch that worked out with time.

5. Inspector

Tried that Hound with no luck. I'll just use my Safari right now. Have to run but thanks for the assist.

6. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

I had the same problem yesterday evening...

7. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Firefox has had all kinds of issues over the last few days.

8. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

It could have to do with your Java update. They have been having issues with that. Check your add-ons. If you added anything recently, try and disable it. Mine has been working fine.

9. Inspector

Tried everything suggested and still getting same message on Firefox while that browser is able to open every other site I've tried. I am baffeled. I have cleared cookies etc numerous times now and no luck.

10. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

My only other idea would be to make sure your Firfox is up to date. Check Mozilla to see what the latest version is compared to what you are running. Goodluck!

11. Inspector

Still cannot get into Masscops on Firefox from my MAC. I have tied everything possible and get "forbidden" message. I know I'm not on the bus but does anybody have any idea what's going on?

Forbidden

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at MassCops - Massachusetts Law Enforcement Network Port 80

Anybody at Masscops check out Port 80 as this message points in that direction. PM Me if you get it solved. Going Safari is bad as I have it set up for work...not private business.

12. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

It sounds like there is still a file on your puter somewhere.
    The message you are getting is the same one that showed the last
    time the site went down.

It could be in the restore files if Mac has that option and a restore
    point was set well the site was down when you tried to log on.

The only other option is to completly remove firefox including all registry
    files for it and reinstall it,I know its a pain in the ass but I have had to
    do it in the past with firefox when one of their updates screwed up.

13. Inspector

It's been weeks now and I still can't use firefox to log into MC. I also can't transfer photos anymore, cramping my "women in uniform" attempts. I still can get in using safari but get the "forbidden" message etc on firefox. I tried everything with firefox and no luck.

14. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I have been starting to have issues with Firefox lately. Maybe switching over to Chrome.

15. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

check Opera, it's been an upcoming browser for a few years and is pretty slick, fast, and customizable.

browser reviews.

16. Inspector

I still can't use Firefox with Masscops, can't cop photos etc. I think the problem may lie deep within the brain of my Mac. Maybe the creature is getting demensia.

17. 1234hey

1234hey MassCops Member

I've had the same issues with Firefox, Inspector. I usually just work around them or use Opera.

18. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

I switched to chrome a few months back after firefox was hogging all the CPU like a mofo, bogging down everything. Overall, I am pleased. I like how they put the tabs in the title bar, saving space so I can see more of the page. It's been pretty quick in loading the pages here. I've only had a few problems with it.

A couple of days ago when everybody started having problems with the site, saying it was sooo slowwww, all I could get to load is the forum index down to the chatbox. Besides the chatbox, nothing else was working. Went over to IE and everything loaded fine. The next day everything was working fine with this site in Chrome and has been since. I haven't had the problems with the site being slow like everyone else seems to be having.

Another problem I've been having is this doesn't seem to get along with PDFs too well. It will be loading the file and display part of it but then it'll get some error trying to display the rest. Same thing when I try to save the file to my computer through Chrome. No problems with the same PDF files in other browsers.

The only other problem I have is that it won't integrate with Norton Safe Web or my download manager, which isn't something I'm too worried about. Otherwise, I'm happy with Chrome.

19. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

I am using Firefox Beta 4.0 and it seems to be working well! Just an FYI!

20. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

SO I had to abandon Firefox. I kept getting this error message for anything masscops:

Chrome is doing well though!

21. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Hmmmm....very strange. I have no problems with Firefox. Could be some setting on your end? Chrome is good though. I use it 50% of the time.

22. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Yes very strange. No new updates recently, no update to the browser itself. It doesn't work on Firefox 3.-.- (Not sure what version) or the beta version 4. Oh well their loss.

23. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

I'm having the same problem on Firefox, with the same message. Very annoying. This just started out of nowhere.

Forbidden

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at MassCops - Massachusetts Law Enforcement Network Port 80

24. EnforceOfficer

EnforceOfficer New Member

Yup...Can't get onto to here by firefox either...

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 ----------

I think an update patch for firefox recently went around...

25. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

fucking new this was gonna happen. read this thread than tried to get on afterwards and i got the stupid message. Its like that movie "the ring". Once you read/watch the thread your fucked too.