Can't Find Record of 209A | MassCops

Can't Find Record of 209A

Discussion in 'Civil Law' started by JD0341, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD0341

JD0341 New Member

Hello,

I'm preparing to apply for an LTC-A in my town, and I need to disclose the details of being the subject of a 209A back in either '94 or '95 when I was in my teens. The problem is that I have gotten copies of both my juvenile and adult records, and there is nothing there; juvenile record is clean and just a traffic incident on the CORI (susp. license and revoked reg. due to not paying insurance).

I don't know where else to find the details I need for the application; if I can't/don't provide them, I'll get rejected in Chelsea and I will have a denial to contend with in the future.

Thanks for your help!

JD

sdb29 likes this.
  2. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Call Ron Glidden, no wait sorry...Jesse Cohen

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

4. JD0341

JD0341 New Member

Wow! That was a great help! Thanks soooooooo much!

mpd61 likes this.
  5. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Might be in the records of the town you lived in at the time.

6. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Check with the district court that serves the area where you lived, or where the person who obtained the 209A against you lived. If it was the same court, you've saved yourself some work.

7. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Unless you were actually arraigned, it's not going to appear on your BOP record. If someone (police or civilian) filed an application for a probable cause hearing and it was dismissed by the clerk-magistrate, then an entry won't appear on your BOP.

However, be truthful, regardless. Anyone can file a charge against anyone else for anything, so that's not an automatic disqualifier.

8. JD0341

JD0341 New Member

Thanks for the truly helpful responses, guys!

@mtc - It was the mom saying "stay away form my daughter". However, she threw in an story about me slapping her daughter. I actually laughed out loud when the officer delivered the copy to me at home and told me why the order was taken out; everyone who knew me knew it was total BS and said the mom was a nutjob. Lesson learned - the hard way...

Thanks again everyone.

mtc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.