Can this arrest jeopardize any pd employment | MassCops

Can this arrest jeopardize any pd employment

Discussion in 'Maine' started by thenewguy, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenewguy

thenewguy MassCops Member

I am looking for some input about an incident being disqualifying, and I honestly don't know if i have a chance applying to some PD's with this arrest.

I was Arrested for Aggravated Assault In Portland, Maine. In 2008 I was with a few people, we were driving down a road towards home when an object hit my car almost coming through the passenger window hitting my friend. I pulled my vehicle over and me and my friend got out to see what if any damage there was and possibly what had hit my car. I noticed a can of beer still spraying rolling down the street and figured well thats what hit my car! There was not much damage just a small dent on the passenger side door frame right above the side mirror, So i went to get back in my car and as i was walking around the back of my car we were confronted by a group of drunk middle aged men who kept yelling at us. I asked them if they hit my car and one replied "yea i did I thought you were a cop" BIZZZARE he would throw a beer at what he thought was a cop!! (At the time i owned a crown victoria) My friend at the time who was pretty upset at this point about almost being hit by a full beer thrown off a fourth floor balcony engaged in a verbal argument with the kid who said he had thrown the beer. during their verbal altercation the kid just out of nowhere punched my friend, my friend swung back, hit him once and knocked the kid out. I never at any point was involved in any physical confrontation, i panicked jumped in my car and drove away. I was later pulled over and arrested on aggravated assault. The charges were dropped before i ever went to court as i was told by the detective on the case the kid who was hit went to the DA to tell them i had no part in the physical confrontation once he found out i had been arrested.

I'm not looking to be bashed and s**t talked i know i could have just kept going or left when they confronted me, or called the police it just all happend within a matter of minutes. Thank You

2. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Re: Will it hurt me

In short, no I don't think it will hurt you. You were not convicted of a crime. Don't lie about it and explain what happened like you just did here. It won't hurt you, but it may not help you either.

Dont start the thread "Will it hurt me " I thought that you may have been asking about Anal Sex in prison:smoke:

But seriously, tell the background investigator everything....

Mods, I consider this an answered questions. Close this before it turns in to a shit show......

Or then again, keep it open. I may need some enterainment on my days off.:redcarded:

3. thenewguy

None (lol) not my style. I owned the car in 08' it was just a beater while i saved for a new car. My friend lived at the end of the street i didn't just leave him he took off before me.

4. thenewguy

No strobes, extra antenna etc... Just a beater i drove until i got my new vehicle.

My friend took off before me, thats why I panicked..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.