Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Some can. Also, each campus has different powers - some are "security guards" but many more are sworn, gun-carrying, fully trained police officers. Careful what you say.

You certainly seem to have a strong distaste for a certain campus department, don't you... :rolleyes:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Randbo,

Where the heck are you coming from? You asked and got answers about this in detail under "definition of Police officer; deputy sheriff" Remember? You should? you were part of the discussion :eek:

What campus is it that gets under your skin so bad? do you need a list of institutions that have POLICE vice security so you can avoid or seek them out as you seem appropriate?

Pyschotropic meds are available for those who need them :D

G

·
AR 15's? What the hell do they need those for? In case someone is caught cheating? Do they take them out back to the firing squad?

Naa seriously though all kidding aside are you serious, hey call this comment nieve but what in the world would a campus police dept need AR15's for, please enlighten me :confused:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Originally posted by Hunter:
AR 15's? What the hell do they need those for?
It is probably a bit much, but did you see the campus after the Patriots won the Super Bowl? Or, better yet, after the Yankees lost the World Series to Arizona last year? Things got pretty messy in a hurry. With that many students, their jurisdiction has a higher population than 90% of the towns out there...

·
Registered
15 Posts
randbo,

there are a lot of campus police officers on this site. have some respect !

Umass public safety has a very nicely run department. i don't know about all you guys. but i wouldn't want to respond to a shooting or a riot on a campus like umass with a pea-shooter. you got to rememeber when you have a melting pot , where there is a rich ethnic oreintation, like a university where everyone lives closely togerher. things can get out of hand very easliy and quickly simply by the greatness in population..
and by the way they are special state POLICE officers

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Hunter,

After 9/11, Charles Whitman(texas), the University of Nevada and the D.C. sniper; You can ask why a POLICE dept with high rise buildings and thousands of residents would need AR-15's?

Come on dude!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hunter,
I guess crime only happens in cities like Everett. Step outside you bubble one of these days, oh and try not to hit your head.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went to Umass. There are the students and the people who decide to come and visit them. And the visitors are from everywhere from Boston to NY.
Back in 1986 (before my time) when the Red Sox lost the World Series. Tthere was a major riot due to some taunts from Mets fans towrds Red Sox fans. The story goes that the Mets fans were not students. Despite being no where near NY or Boston a major riot broke out. That might have somthing to do with the AR15's.

G

·
OK 1st off CALM YOURSELF MPD AND WILDBILL I'M NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

I simply asked a qusetion, ya I was I trying to be a bit comical, I was only goofing around with the cheating comment.

I asked because I have never seen a Campus Police Dept with such fire power and was inqiuring as too why they would need it, obviously I struck a soft spot, HMMM I wonder why? Maybe someones credentials arent what they try to project them be or maybe it's the penis envy thing.

And Wildbill
, I wasnt trying to equate the crime statistic with the crime stats of a campus. Seeing where your profile states your a fulltime police officer from the city of Boston which abuts the city of Everett, you of all people should know theres no bubble here in this city, we have nothing to prove here in Everett (the stats speak for themselves).

Excuse me :rolleyes: I did'nt know it was that such a sensative subject. That being my original question of why campus police need AR15's. But I see it was and is difficult for you to articulate an answer to my question without being obnoxious.

So with that said................ah forget it your not worth the time.

Also can you show me where Randbo insulted anybody by asking a question? Because it seems to me a few people jumped all over the guy and he simply asked a question. I could'nt find anything insulting in his question. But then again I live in a bubble here in Everett. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wahaha
you make me laugh

So I guess the only real cops (atleast according to your types of statements) are campuspolice (but only if they carry AR15's),Brockton PD and BostonPD.
Ya thats not being feeble minded.

READ THIS quick before it gets taken off, Can you say freedom of speach?

In closing you can---------------->

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Hey Randbo, why don't you go on a state college campus, I see you live in Central Mass. Go to UMASS Amherst and speed like hell and you'll see if they have the powers to pull you over. Piss them off enough and you might see the AR-15 come out. Yes they even have Carbines. It seems to me that you have a desired need to stop cars, some issues that you haven't addressed yet,the only reason you want to be a PO is to probably write numerous tickets. Good Luck !!! ....on the psych test.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Well I read Hunter's and Randbo's post and didnt see any reason to drop a shit storm on them. Looks like they were only asking legitimate questions. I don't think they were being malicious, hell I would have thrashed em too if I thought they were.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by Hunter:
AR 15's? What the hell do they need those for?

2 words: ACTIVE SHOOTER. Remember people other than PO's have body armor. "I'd rather have it and never need it. Than need it and not have it!"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by white85:
randbo,

there are a lot of campus police officers on this site. have some respect !

Umass public safety has a very nicely run department. i don't know about all you guys. but i wouldn't want to respond to a shooting or a riot on a campus like umass with a pea-shooter. you got to rememeber when you have a melting pot , where there is a rich ethnic oreintation, like a university where everyone lives closely togerher. things can get out of hand very easliy and quickly simply by the greatness in population..
and by the way they are special state POLICE officers
UMass are not Special State police officers at all, not one bit. look it up, chap 75 s 32a, in mass laws. Legislative enactment.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts