Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
38-year-old Gloucester resident and college security guard is facing charges he raped and physically abused a woman multiple times over the past 18 months.
Kristin Kelly Latchford, of 35 A LePage Lane, was arrested Tuesday at 11:50 a.m. after a woman told police just after midnight that he had, on several occasions, slapped her, pushed her up against a wall, shook her and forced her to have sex with him.
Latchford was charged with aggravated rape and domestic assault and battery.
The woman, whose identity and relationship to Latchford have been withheld, said in an affidavit that she feared for her life. She was granted an emergency restraining order against Latchford.
Latchford is a campus police officer at a pharmacy school in New Hampshire, according to the police report.
In the woman's affidavit, she said Latchford made repeated references to a television show called "Dexter," where a character murders people and makes the deaths look like suicides, in a way she believes implied the same could happen to her.
GLOUCESTER TIMES

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,540 Posts
38-year-old Gloucester resident and college security guard is facing charges he raped and physically abused a woman multiple times over the past 18 months.
Kristin Kelly Latchford, of 35 A LePage Lane, was arrested Tuesday at 11:50 a.m. after a woman told police just after midnight that he had, on several occasions, slapped her, pushed her up against a wall, shook her and forced her to have sex with him.
Latchford was charged with aggravated rape and domestic assault and battery.
The woman, whose identity and relationship to Latchford have been withheld, said in an affidavit that she feared for her life. She was granted an emergency restraining order against Latchford.
Latchford is a campus police officer at a pharmacy school in New Hampshire, according to the police report.
GLOUCESTER TIMES
First off, which is he. Security Guard or Police Officer. Not that it matters in this case, but really WHICH ONE?

Second, a guy, named Kristin? Hey, there are plenty of gender neutral names out there but, Kristin?

If he's innocent, I hope he's exhonorated, especially in the press. If he's guilty, I hope he's hanged.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I was thinking the same thing..and from my experience reporters usually dont have a FUCKIN CLUE!!! wrong name, address,profession... they just write what they want not givig a shit about how it affects the person..and I agree if he/shes guilty hang them...and if not you wont even hear about it....

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Second, a guy, named Kristin? Hey, there are plenty of gender neutral names out there but, Kristin?
I thought the same thing when I saw that!

·
Registered
148 Posts
WHY did the victim wait 18 months to report it????
Seems more like a case of jilted girlfriend finds out that she isnt gonna be the MRS ever....

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,540 Posts
I was thinking the same thing..and from my experience reporters usually dont have a FUCKIN CLUE!!! wrong name, address,profession......[/I quote]

Makes me think of all the times the media uses the term "Service Revolver" even if the guy were to use a knife or a bazooka. It's thier way of saying, "Ain't we cool? We know cop lingo! AND WE SAY "COP" ON TV THESE DAYS instead of Police Officer. We are SOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin' cool!!!!!!"

Disgusting, or is the word "COMPELLING"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts