·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police Officer (Tufts Univ.) - Medford, MA

Closing Date
On Going

Description
Tufts University's department of Public Safety provides professional public safety, law enforcement and security services to the community in a manner consistent with the customer focused philosophy of modern Community Policing methods, programs and outcomes.The Police Officer is responsible for contributing to the safety and security of the university community. He/she will: provide protective services, patrol university grounds and buildings to prevent and detect crime, enforce state laws, local laws, university regulations and provide other related public safety services. Requirements
The selected candidate must possess a High School diploma/GED and have a minimum of one year full-time experience as a law enforcement officer or other acceptable related experience, preferably in a campus environment. The Police Officer must be able to successfully complete an accredited police academy. He/she must have the ability to learn and apply the principles of First Aid, and C.P.R., have a Massachusetts motor vehicle operator's license and current Massachusetts Firearms license for protection of life. The selected candidate must be qualified for appointment as a Special State Police Officer in accordance with MGL C22s63 and as Deputy Sheriff for Middlesex and Suffolk Counties; Special Police through the towns of Westboro and Grafton and any other appointments as may be required.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,421 Posts
They have Chapter 90, but they don't have any police cars.....
Nothing worse than yelling "WOO WOO WOO" and flashing your flashlight as you run after a speeding car. Damn rewarding when you catch the S.O.B. though...which I could NEVER do. :woot:

·
Subscribing Member
459 Posts
.....right.

How about if we do the "back on topic" thing?

Anyone apply for this, or gotten any response? I do know a few people who have put in for this. I'm guessing it's too soon in the process for any response from Tufts.

·
MassCops Member
36 Posts
Private colleges do not have chapter 90 powers. If they are sworn in as special's/auxiliary for the city or town they are in, is where they would get their chapter 90 powers. Assumption College does not have chapter 90. None of the private colleges in Worcester have chapter 90. All of them have arrest powers and 90 percent are armed. Some of the schools pay very well.

G

·
The Tufts guys are a pretty good group of guys. They are always willing to help, which I can't say of every agency. I run in to them alot in my patrol area. They do their best considering the eyes of the University Admin are always watching. Tufts property is smack on the town line of Somerville & Mefa, with several off campus properties. They have cruisers, bicycles, and motorcycles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tufts has chap 90 on the Medford campus only. They do not have it on the Boston or Grafton campus. The Chief of the town/city gives or does not give them authority.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts