Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Job Description:
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Insure and maintain a secure campus environment; provide protection and security of person, facilities and property; patrol campus buildings and adjacent area, enforce College and department policies, rules and regulations and Massachusetts General Laws; provide emergency medical assistance; investigate crimes or other incidents; provide assistance to courts or grand juries in prosecution cases; work during periods of inclement weather, hurricanes, blizzards, natural and manmade disasters; perform occasional mandatory overtime details and campus switchboard operator duties and perform related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Public Safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (State job specifications are available in the Human Resources Office)

Requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Graduation from a Massachusetts State Police Academy or a full-time Municipal Police Academy administered by the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council. The requirements listed below are in lieu of applicant graduating from the Massachusetts State Police Academy or a full-time Municipal Police Academy administered by the Massachusetts Criminal Justice Training Council.
For those applicants not meeting the preceding requirements, the following is required:
• Completion of the Municipal Police Training Committee's 242 hour Reserve/Intermittent Academy (120 hr Reserve/Intermittent Academy is acceptable if completed by March 2012) and the successful completion of one of the following requirements:
• Graduate of an accredited University/College in Massachusetts, granted an Associate's Degree /or higher in Criminal Justice.
• Graduate of an accredited University/ College outside of Massachusetts, granted an Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice.
• Employed as an Auxiliary/Seasonal police officer by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Department with a minimum of two years work experience.
Any warranted Special State Police Officer (SSPO) returning from any leave or break in service that exceeds three years must meet all requirements for reentry.

Additional Information:

POSITION STATUS: This is a full-time, AFSCME, unit position with benefits. Sunday through Thursday (Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
SALARY/BENEFITS: $730.63 to $1,035.80 with the above qualifications - 40 hours per week. Typically, a new hire can expect to be hired at step one of the labor grade.
EXPECTED START DATE: September 10, 2012

Application Instructions:

Screening will begin with applications received by August 22, 2012. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references.
Bristol Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, qualified disability or veteran status in accordance with Title VII of Civil Rights Act of 1967, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 151B. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Need academy:(

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
"Good morning Director. I'm your new officer. So, where are my uniforms and when can I expect a promotion?"

Reactions: Irish634

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have to have a College Degree to get into the Mass Interment Police Academy? I heard if you have more than 3 years of Military you can be considered?
Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Do you have to have a College Degree to get into the Mass Interment Police Academy? I heard if you have more than 3 years of Military you can be considered?
Thanks for reading
Ummm...the Interment Academy only runs once a year I believe. If we have any special mortuary officers here they could elaborate. You wouldn't want to be one of those. You gotta wear a red stripe on your pants and carry a shovel.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356099348.928364.jpg

If you're asking about the Reserve/Intermittent Academy, no you don't need a degree, and military has nothing to do with that academy. You get sponsored by a chief and you go.

Reactions: Irishpride

·
5,985 Posts
Thanks for reading
You heard wrong about the military service requirement and a word of advice.... Don't listen to anything that source says ever again. They're obviously on the outside looking in.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts