Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me some info on how MA college and university police go about their hiring process? I recently sent in an app, cover letter, and resume for a two campus jobs who have current openings, but I have only been through out of state processes so I don't know what to expect. Do they choose a select number of people from the applicant pool to test or does everyone who meets the minimum qualifications get called to test?

·
MassCops Member
49 Posts
As someone who's worked in both MA and NY, I can tell you that it depends on the college or university. Some hire without giving a test, just an interview process. Some give a general test, and those that pass are given a shot at an interview. I'd have to say that there's probably as many hiring processes as there are colleges and universities...no real set standards. Good luck though!

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
With all the different hiring processes for campus police jobs, I can say the only solid way to get your name in is to know someone.
I have mailed out probably over 50 resumes in the past 2 years and the two campus jobs I have been hired on were because I knew someone on the inside that vouched for me. Other than that, the only way I have gotten interviews is if I score high on a test.
Good luck, college job processes suck almost as bad as town processes. Almost.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I would say a police hiring process is exactly that they are different but are the same in most ways. Interviews, test, medicals, psycological exams, some may give tests in different orders, maybe the only real difference is a polygraph depending on what state youe in. That being said town/city campus your gonna basically do the same types of hiring steps, maybe at different levels of intensity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.