Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
To the good sergeants:
Right on about what would happen if you guys left. But have you ever noticed how the brass "officially" thanks you most of the time? Its almost like when they thank you for doing a good job its "verbal", but if you make a mistake or something happens on your shift beyond your control, they make sure they thank you via written documentation in your file, so any prospective employer doing a background on you would see all negative items and pass on you.
hmmmm.....if my theory is correct, it sure is a solid way to keep you guys on the department! :evil:

G

·
Dean is the realm of the security guard and the likes of the DD prego Pickles, get to steppin boys, its just another wake-up call to rise above the mediocre. Seriously. Greater frustration equals greater motivation. Use it and find yourself a place where merit is the measure. I've rarely met a more decent group of people, but you need to act up a bit more to follow your speaking up. Give them an inch and they'll take every bit they can yank from the Portuguese 3 1/2. If you consistently hold the line, no matter how whiney you sound, the leadership in the stripes will force others to recognize the merit.

And walk a bit more! :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I work with Mugsy and BigApe9, and indeed it is true that they are the ones who work every crap shift, detail, holiday, etc. that no one else takes. God help this department if they ever do leave!! We're not even asking for BC or Bentley pay- not even close, but a little more would be nice. By the way, I've been here for almost 3 years, am a Corporal and yes, I also make less than the civilian dispatcher and the part time patrolmen.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.