Cambridge Sup. Court / Concealed Carry | MassCops

Cambridge Sup. Court / Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Court Procedure' started by firefighter39, Apr 21, 2011.

1. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

Is there some provision at Camb. Sup. Court for people with valid LTC's to secure their firearms when going to the court house?

The reason I ask is that I have to go there for a school project, not on any type of court visit. Since I am a former LEO and not currently working in LE I was wondering what the court policy and procedure was.

2. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

This was covered in another thread (can't remmeber the title). They will only allow State and Municipal police to carry in the building. They WILL NOT recocognize/allow SSPO's ie: campus, environmental etc. etc.

3. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Guns? There are no guns in Cambridge. All disputes are solved peacefully through conflict resolution and group hugs. Police ride on unicorns, spreading sunshine and glitter to make everyone feel better.

Example:

[​IMG]

38bigblock likes this.
  4. firefighter39

firefighter39 Subscribing Member

I am fine with that, do they have someplace that I can secure my firearm at the door (i.e. lock-box)?

It has been a long time since I was at Camb. Sup. Back when I was a SSPO they did allow me to carry in there at that time (10+years ago).

Now I am just looking to lock it up and not leave it in my car.

5. Boats

Boats Supporting Member

EPO's are not SSPO's, but are still having issues at some courts.

Boats

6. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Might as well be the way the crapped on like us. I was just too lazy to see where they derive thier authori-tie!

7. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Better off securing it in your vehicle....Id hate to see you on Channel7 because some moron flips out IMHO sometimes its just smarter to avoid a potential problem.

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

What bullshit.....several years ago I had to serve a 209A at a mental health facility, and a desk clerk asked me to hand over my handgun before I entered the inpatient unit. I asked to see her Class A High Capacity LTC, and got the confused puppy look. I explained that if I gave her my weapon, I would have to arrest her for 269-10, and she quickly saw the light.

My department regs state we *SHALL* carry our issued weapon while on-duty, unless we're entering a cellblock or correctional facility. If a court doesn't want me to carry inside, then dismiss the case and I'll be on my merry way. No sweat off my back.

9. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

FF39...are you going to the closed courthouse in Cambridge or the new superior courthouse in Woburn?

10. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

12 or so years ago no one was allowed to carry a gun in to Cambridge Superior. Chief justice there saw to it. When that judge retired, thatbwasbthe end of that. However, not even a cop on personal business is allowed to carry a gun in to that court. A civilian will not be afforded a chance to lock up their gun in their security office , though they did at one time have lock boxes mounted there, in a secure area. Cambridge, ins a moot point however. The superior court is now in Wouburn and Cambridge is now a limited use facility. The lock-up is still there. I am pretty sure that the District Court is still there, but all of the Superior sessions are now in Wouburn.

11. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

They don't hire the brightest people sometimes. I know for a fact that it says on our "Notice" sign that Transit PD is authorized to carry. The whole thing is screwed up, as has been discussed before.... :thumbs_down: