Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think about Cambridge PD switching to BMW motorcycles? It sure looks strange compared to always seeing cops on Harleys. I don't ride so I am not going to comment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've heard that the BMW is an impressive well balanced bike that is more reliable than the HD. I haven't had the chance to ride the BMW, but my first impression is that I don't really like the look of it (too streamlined). Maybe I'm old fashioned but I am still partial to the HD.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
I've ridden a BMW bike once, some touring type 1300cc bike... was way too tall for me to even put my foot down on the ground... and I'm 5'10. I can't picture an officer/trooper on a BMW and look intimidating... they'd be better off riding Yamaha R1's...

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Pvt. Cowboy said:
I've ridden a BMW bike once, some touring type 1300cc bike... was way too tall for me to even put my foot down on the ground... and I'm 5'10. I can't picture an officer/trooper on a BMW and look intimidating... they'd be better off riding Yamaha R1's...
probably a 1200 GS

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
HD's are a rarity out west, and for good reason.

Safety, cost, and reliability.

HD's are the past in Motor units, IMO....

(And wow am I jellous, they got track time at Loudon! Did other riders have to yeild to them?)

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
It was something like that... but it had all kinds of touring packs on it... was really top-heavy... had a cd changer too...

·
Subscribing Member
1,442 Posts
Curious EMT said:
HD's are a rarity out west, and for good reason.

Safety, cost, and reliability.

HD's are the past in Motor units, IMO....

(And wow am I jellous, they got track time at Loudon! Did other riders have to yeild to them?)
To hot out west/ California, Arizona. . .
Air cooled bikes don't do well when its 110 and you are sitting in traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts