Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Allan Jung/Daily News staff
Police officers look on outside Marlborough District Court Thursday after a bomb threat prompted the building's evacuation.

By Matt Lynch/Daily News staff
The MetroWest Daily News
Posted Aug 21, 2008 @ 11:50 PM

MARLBOROUGH -
A man left a voicemail threatening to blow up Marlborough District Court on a court employee's phone yesterday morning, prompting an evacuation of the building, officials said.
"There was a call left on an employee voicemail at 8 a.m. in which a male voice threatened to blow up the courthouse," said Joan Kenney, a spokeswoman for the Massachusetts Trial Court.
Kenney said court officials immediately evacuated the building and notified the Massachusetts State Police and the Marlborough Fire Department.
Police cars and fire trucks lined Williams Street yesterday for nearly three hours while the state police bomb squad searched the building. Kenney said after a thorough search authorities determined there was no bomb and allowed people back into the building before 11 a.m. to begin the day's session.
"Trial court security is well prepared to handle these types of situations," she said.
State police said troopers assigned to the state fire marshal's office are investigating.
"All of a sudden they told everybody to evacuate," said Marian Chiasson, who said her daughter had an appointment yesterday at the court. "We were just about to get ready to leave for Martha's Vineyard. We had food packed in the car and everything."
Michael McCarthy said he got to the courthouse at about 8:50 a.m. and quickly noticed he was not allowed to enter the building.
"You could get into the parking lot but they wouldn't let you into the building," he said. "I thought it was just a regular fire drill."

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...r-threatens-to-blow-up-Marlborough-courthouse

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
"Trial court security is well prepared to handle these types of situations," she said.

Snickering....... I'm sorry court security is a joke. We all know why.

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
hahaha DJGJ got his revenge LOL...I do like the comment about her daughter having an "appointment"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts