Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: i work in a Department of about 100 police officers. about a year ago the administration started calling people who have called the police to see how the officer and dispatcher did. they are asked a series of questions from a form such as "was the dispatcher and officer polite, were you put at ease, was the officer knowlegeable, prompt response, how was his appearance, etc.... they pick calls at random to survey and solicit comments from the caller. it's like a report card. they do not do this on most calls but you never know when they will check up on you like this. occasionally they hand you 2-10 copies of these citizen evaluations that pertain to you. do you know of any other departments that do this - any negative consequences from it :wacko:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Not doing that here but first thing that comes to mind is the s&itbag drunks and other bottom feeding idiots that produce most of the calls. You know the drunk that you locked up last week for a wms hit is now calling on his girlfriend who stole his stash.

The other large majority of calls (on mids) is the alarms, if the dam key-holder doesn't respond half the time how are they going to grade the service.

I think there are a few too many persons out there that would grade the officer poorly just out of spite for something that happened in the past.

:thumbdow:

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts
We had a Chief that use to send out surveys once a year that use to erk me. I'm the Union rep and I use to tell him, that your looking for trouble, your looking to take hits, giving people the chance to get a few jabs in.

Anyone we ever tag,cited or did not give the right answer too, or provide something that was not in our scope of duties would give negative results and they did. You gave people power that they didn't have, but it was good PR for him. That's the ex Chief by the way :)

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
michaelbos said:
We had a Chief that use to send out surveys once a year that use to erk me. I'm the Union rep and I use to tell him, that your looking for trouble, your looking to take hits, giving people the chance to get a few jabs in.

Anyone we ever tag,cited or did not give the right answer too, or provide something that was not in our scope of duties would give negative results and they did. You gave people power that they didn't have, but it was good PR for him. That's the ex Chief by the way :)
You mean my good buddy Spirio?

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I recall correctly from my Accreditation assignment, it is a standard that must be met. You must survey your community and elicit how they felt the police responded. It's obviously more specific that that, but I remember seeing surveys that were done (very similar to what happened in your department for accreditation reasons).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.