Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
ahh LA, so how did you get those pictures from piper tech?, and the Rampart garage? You must know someone out there. Cool pics though.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
onetime";p="67757 said:
ahh LA, so how did you get those pictures from piper tech?, and the Rampart garage? You must know someone out there. Cool pics though.
I know a Sergeant out there... who happens to be on this board. (LA Copper) Got to sit in on roll call too. I had a great time out there!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rampart roll call? I have a few friends at Rampart. Ever think about getting on out there? Are you on the job in Mass? Where else did you go while you where out there?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Thimios315";p="67867 said:
I went to LA last week. It definetly looks like a fun place to work. Everybody

out there is in high gear! I drove a new Durango from LAX to Las Vegas......I

did it by way of Joshua Tree National Park (I-10) and Lake Mead (in

Nevada). It's quite a trip driving all those miles through the Mojave

Desert! The West Coast is definetly a place you need a lot of time to spend

at. There is so much to see and do!!!
So that's where you been? Starting to wonder what happened to you! Glad to see you're home safe.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
onetime";p="67866 said:
Rampart roll call? I have a few friends at Rampart. Ever think about getting on out there? Are you on the job in Mass? Where else did you go while you where out there?
Yes, Rampart roll call. I flew out for a day last month to take the written exam, and this trip was to finish the process but decided against it because I just got hired by the VT State Police and the academy starts in less than two weeks. Wanted to be close to family for now. I stayed in Palm Desert. Pretty much got the full LA tour by the Sarge himself. The best part of the trip was definitley the ride alongs. I was very impressed with the officer's i met and LAPD tactics are something the east coast should adopt. One minor detail... they don't blind the hell out of each other and motorists with lightdecks going when on a scene. You go to a shooting call in LA, all the cruisers are parked, light decks off except for the orange traffic warning bar, headlights off, maybe parking lights, thats it. Here, every car there would have the lightbars going, headlights on... It kills your nightvision. (See, I do pay attention Mike!) Even when officers are on patrol, whenever they drive towards each other, they switch to parking lights so they don't blind each other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.