Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LONG BEACH, Calif. --
Police are looking for a gunman who wounded four men in their 20s in North Long Beach on Thursday night.
The shooting was reported just after 10 p.m. Thursday on 70th Way, near North Myrtle Avenue, Long Beach Fire Department spokesman Joshua Johnson said.
"All the victims were outside when we arrived," Johnson said, adding that paramedics transported three of them to St. Mary Medical Center and one to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.
All of the men were expected to survive, Officer Nancy Pratt, a Long Beach Police Department spokeswoman.
Police were searching for a vehicle spotted leaving the scene after what may have been a drive-by shooting, Long Beach gang unit officers told reporters at the scene.
The assailant was described only as a male, Pratt said, adding that the case was being investigated as a gang-related incident.
The four victims are in their early 20s, according to a man who has lived in the neighborhood for more than 20 years and said it is rarely the scene of violence.
"I was inside the house, then shots went off, and I heard kids yelling 'Call 911,'" said the man, who asked to be identified only as Phil.
He described the victims as "good kids" who grew up with his son and said one of them aspires to be a police officer.
"I've watched all these kids grow up," Phil said. "They're not gang members."
He said he had no idea what prompted the shooting.
"But it's way too close to home," he said.

Story From: knbc.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.