Calif. Officer Killed, Another Critical After Shooting | Page 2 | MassCops

Calif. Officer Killed, Another Critical After Shooting

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by kwflatbed, Feb 7, 2013.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

2. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

One of the deputies is now reported deceased from the shootout.

R.I.P.

3. kwflatbed

The cabin is in flames now

4. kwflatbed

California Deputy Dies After Shootout With Fugitive

Officer.com Editor's Note: One of the San Bernardino County deputies wounded during a shootout Tuesday afternoon with former LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner has died, according to The Los Angeles Times.

BIG BEAR, Calif. (AP) — A man police believe to be the fugitive ex-Los Angeles officer wanted in three killings barricaded himself inside a cabin after a shootout in a Southern California mountain town Tuesday, wounding two officers and raising the possibility the nearly week-old hunt for America's most wanted man may be coming to an end.
    Police surrounded the cabin in the snow-covered woods of Big Bear, a resort town about 80 miles east of Los Angeles where authorities have focused their hunt for Christopher Dorner since they said he had launched a campaign to exact revenge against the Los Angeles Police Department for his firing.

Read More...http://www.officer.com/news/1087830...wn&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CPS130212013

5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Don't need no water, burn motherfucker burn.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  6. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Sounds like the scene is safe.
    Rest in peace, fallen officers.
    Rot in hell, shitbag.

hunter025 likes this.
  7. RZero

RZero That tickles

There is nothing here that couldn't have been handled correctly with an Apache AH-64 and a few well-clustered FFARs.

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Has to be dead, no one could survive that inferno, and officers reported hearing a single shot as it started burning. Took the coward's way out.

BxDetSgt and mpd61 like this.
  9. GMass

GMass Guest

Body recovered from cabin.

10. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

11. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

That fat body would fuel an inferno

12. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

Rot in Hell, you scumbag...

RIP to those officers murdered by this madman.

13. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

At one point, police broke windows, pumped in tear gas and blasted a loud speaker urging Dorner to surrender.

When they got no response, police deployed a vehicle to rip down the walls of the cabin “one by one, like peeling an onion,” a law enforcement official said.

By the time they got to the last wall, authorities heard a single gunshot, the source said.

Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/12/cabin-dormer-believed-to-be-holed-up-in-on-fire/#1yUXdS3hzotZAYL6.99

14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

On a lighter note, this is the first time I've seen LAPD Officers wearing hats since I last watched Adam-12;

Los Angeles manhunt for former LAPD officer

[​IMG]

Extra security at the Grammy Awards

Thousands of police officers throughout Southern California are on the hunt for former Los Angeles Police Department officer Christopher Dorner, who threatened "warfare" on police and is suspected of killing three people.

Read more: http://news.msn.com/us/los-angeles-manhunt-for-former-lapd-officer#image=1

15. GMass

GMass Guest

Well what is this shit..

"@NBCNews: LAPD Manhunt Update: Mayor Villaraigosa and LAPD say body has not yet been found, contradicting earlier sources"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

16. GMass

GMass Guest

From CNN.com

"No body has been pulled out," LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith said at a news conference Tuesday night. "No reports of a body being ID'd are true."

17. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

corsair likes this.
  18. GMass

GMass Guest

Link to vid. At work on tapatalk.

19. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

LACopper can correct me if I'm wrong, but at one time the Oscars hired off duty LAPD and put them I a near but not quite copy of the LAPD uniform. Not sure what the purpose of all that was, but I always figured it was like the single orange lit on the rear of their light bars.

Unless they've done away with those, too. Say it ain't so![/quote]

20. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Nicely worded.

Human remains have been found in the burned-out cabin where a fugitive ex-cop was believed to be hiding and investigators will attempt to identify them through forensic tests, a sheriff's spokeswoman said in a statement to Fox News.

21. kwflatbed

Investigators attempting to identify human remains found in search for fugitive ex-cop

Published February 13, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    • [​IMG]
    Human remains have been found in the burned-out cabin where a fugitive ex-cop was believed to be hiding and investigators will attempt to identify them through forensic tests, a sheriff's spokeswoman said in a statement to Fox News.
    San Bernardino County sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller says the remains were found late Tuesday after a shootout. Authorities believe Christopher Dorner barricaded himself inside the cabin and a fire later ensued.
    Investigators will attempt to determine if the remains are Dorner's through forensic tests.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/13/police-say-no-body-has-yet-been-found-after-cabin-stronghold-fugitive-ex-cop/#ixzz2KmQKrIsn

22. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Hope you got used to the flames Dorner, you fucking piece of shit. Where you're going is pretty balmy, but at least it's a dry heat. Enjoy hell fat body.

GARDA and corsair like this.
  23. corsair

corsair Guest

X2

24. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

The coward was reportedly disciplined in the academy for an accidental discharge. He shot himself in the hand and was still allowed to continue. With regard to his military career in the reserves, he was in a mobile communications unit, not James Bond as the media would have you believe.

I'm not an FBI analyst, but as I wrote earlier the manifesto was a pathetic overcompensation of a screw up and yet the media did as they always do and fed the cowards ego. As a result, i'm sure a few freaks from his fan clubs aren't too far behind in their search for fifteen minutes. I'm done with him.

Marine and Veteran Riverside Officer Michael Crain was ambushed while on routine patrol with a boot. He was also a firearms training officer and SWAT. He served two tours in Kuwait. He was taken from a wife and two young children. http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=8990241

The Deputy killed yesterday reportedly had a new baby and used to buy Christmas presents for the poor in his patrol area.

If there was constant coverage of hero's like that instead of cowards, maybe this world would be a better place in which to live.

25. GMass

GMass Guest

Eih, every year or two a recruit lets a round loose in the academy in Mass, usually into their leg. It happened in two Plymouth classes in about two years.
    I don't think it resulted in any of them getting booted.