By-Laws Entries | MassCops

By-Laws Entries

Discussion in 'Police Administration' started by j809, Aug 17, 2019.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

I'm curious, for agencies that use IMC Perform, how do you enter your bylaw tickets in the system. Do you also pull an FI or OF for each one? Thanks

2. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

We pull OFs. I haven’t done one in awhile (a long while) but I think we put the bylaw under the offense tab and reference the summons number in the narrative.

j809 likes this.
  3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

So I was wondering, we have new tickets bylaws and say issue someone a marijuana open container in MV bylaw ticket, do you pull an OF for that even though it’s just a $500 civil ticket ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

There is a section in "Department File Maintenance" to "Allow for Municipal Citations" which is one way to do it. You could use the narrative section of the citation for the details. You could do this and avoid an OF.

We have found that it is easier to do an OF and list the by-law violation as an offense. In the rare case the OF report by-law violation gets converted to and AR because of nonpayment it is an easy process (If allowed by MGL and nonpayment of Marijuana violations can't be handled this way). $500 civil tickets for marijuana often have a story to them and they can involve property such as the seized contraband so an OF is just easer to process these because it opens up the property tabs. I understand that you can do this in a municipal citation tab as well but that gets complicated for some users to understand.

j809 likes this.
  5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Thanks brother !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk