Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure we needed any confirmation the people approaching 20 years are running for the doors, but here it is..

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,877 Posts
Anybody who physically attended (Not waivered) SSPO in last five years will be eligible to step up and do FTO. Upon successful completion each candidate will be issued new uniforms and a french/electric blue Camry Hybrid as a take home. Screw any new RTT's!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody who physically attended (Not waivered) SSPO in last five years will be eligible to step up and do FTO. Upon successful completion each candidate will be issued new uniforms and a french/electric blue Camry Hybrid as a take home. Screw any new RTT's!!!!
Might not have any other options haha... and we’re all screwed.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I took the MSP exam in the early 90's there were over 30,000 applicants and at the time the test was only for the MSP, completely separate from civil service.
Plus, how many classes did they have back in the 90s? Probably not 2-3 off every exam. I remember there was a good 5-6 years between the 77th RTT and the 78th RTT in 2005. Nowadays they’re pushing through classes left and right.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Plus, how many classes did they have back in the 90s? Probably not 2-3 off every exam. I remember there was a good 5-6 years between the 77th RTT and the 78th RTT in 2005. Nowadays they’re pushing through classes left and right.
I doubt I still have it, but a while back I had put together a list of the RTTs for a discussion here. If someone has a copy of Powers' book Enforcement Odyssey there was a list of classes to that point. I had borrowed that and a copy of French and Electric Blue from a friend. They were pretty interesting if you can get your paws on them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I doubt I still have it, but a while back I had put together a list of the RTTs for a discussion here. If someone has a copy of Powers' book Enforcement Odyssey there was a list of classes to that point. I had borrowed that and a copy of French and Electric Blue from a friend. They were pretty interesting if you can get your paws on them.
The classes pre-Charlie Baker were intense. I’ve got family who were in the 76th and 78th RTT. They literally put their heads in toilets back then. Made Parris Island look like a nature reserve.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
The classes pre-Charlie Baker were intense. I’ve got family who were in the 76th and 78th RTT. They literally put their heads in toilets back then. Made Parris Island look like a nature reserve.
I have a couple friends who were in the 78th aka the "bad class." I've met the trooper that was yelling at someone in the picture that the Globe used for that story. They tried to make him look so mean, but he's one of the nicest guys.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,877 Posts
They literally put their heads in toilets back then. Made Parris Island look like a nature reserve.
I have always joked that MSP consider themselves the "Marine Corp" of Mass LEO's. In a sense they do instill some pride in those folks. Sometimes it quite a bit over the top. None of those peeps are EVER going to be chewing sand and deploying to places without a warm clean bed every night. But some few will get the chance to piss on, and even ruin other cops lives through arrogance, incompetence (Massasoit) or their own in-house scandals.............
Most are cool cats like us though.

·
Administrator
617 Posts
I have a couple friends who were in the 78th aka the "bad class." I've met the trooper that was yelling at someone in the picture that the Globe used for that story. They tried to make him look so mean, but he's one of the nicest guys.
I knew the guy they did that to - very very nice guy,
There were several really nice guys in that class... also our own Q5Tpr 😢

1 - 20 of 37 Posts