Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told earlier today that nobody can purchase a NEW Glock unless they are Law Enforcement and have a letter from their Chief....Anyone know more about this??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Some dealers require a letter from your chief, others require a law enforcement ID. You will have to sign an agreement that you do not sell the gun and that it is for use in your "official" capacity and duties. Otherwise you need to buy a used one that was pre-ban or made before October of 1998. These are used, but the price is 2-4 or more times a new one. Thank the democrat gun control advocates for that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks!...It's just that I've never heard of that in the past so I just wanted to verify it. Ahh... another great addition to gun control "effectiveness".

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Looks like from the list you are good to go, just can't get the high capacity mags.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
Oh my GOD!

Again with the perpetual gun myths! What is with some of these rumor-mongers!

Go buy yourself a new Glock. Jeezus! L.E. only...........................
If you silly people don't know what you're talking about, please STFU!
:shock:

Again in plain english; You got an "A" LTC? then go buy a new Glock!

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
MT1, I read that too..With that isolated case, I'm thinking it was probably unique to that incident for some other reason...maybe defective ammunition, or something else that would isolate the problem to that agency. I say that becuase that was the first I have ever read of a glock malfunctioning like that.

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
Glock recalled a few guns a while back. They had a bunch that were having some problems. I think they had E serial numbers, but I am not sure. If you call Glock and give them you serial number they will tell you if yours is at risk. Tel. 1-770-432-1202

·
Registered
103 Posts
Spoke with a gun dealer today and YES the Glocks are on the approved list for Mass, HOWEVER, Glock still needs to send sample guns in for the final approval to the AG's office. Until that time, even though they are not on the list they CANNOT be sold in Mass just yet..(GO figure, only in MASS.)...

As far as the Glocks exploding, I had one damaged which was contributed to a round that was fired that had extremely high pressure from factory ammo. In their case I would have to look at the ammo first, 3 guns in the same day being defective I would have to doubt, high pressure would do it. Thats why we all know that you NEVER fire reloads in a semi-auto handgun (which I doubt they did).

Just my thoughts,

Ed

·
Registered
165 Posts
According to Four Seasons' website,

"The Roster List" is out.
Click: http://www.state.ma.us/eops/gun_roster.htm

Keep in mind that handguns on the roster list don't necessarily meet the Attorney General's consumer protection regs. For example: Glocks are on the roster list but DO NOT meet the A.G.'s regs and therefore cannot be sold.

Check out their site, it is usually pretty up to date.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts