Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What medium size departments with under 175 sworn officers would you guys say are some of the busiest in MA ?

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Well First there are only three P.Ds I can think of that are above 175, so you are refereing to the whole state. You might wanna ask the same question but of P.D of 30 or less since the average P.D is 15 to 25 officers.

·
Woggalicious!
277 Posts
Waltham has 150 Officers, Newton has about 165. Waltham handles about 40,000 calls for service a year. We're pretty busy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard Waltham was really busy. I would venture to think that Chelsea, Everett, Medford, Malden and Revere would be up there too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Burlington is moderately busy for it's size. 23,000 population and 11 square miles, but a daytime population estimated over 80,000. Full strength would be 62 officers.

In 2004 we had 20,432 calls logged, 5990 citations written, 1177 m/v crashes, 242 arrests and 269 criminal summonses. We also do a lot of public service type activity and a ton of details.

I'm guessing our numbers will be a little higher this year on calls for service and crimes (especially b&e daytime).

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Framingham PD. VERY busy. Nearly 70,000 legal residents.... god knows how many illegals...

·
Subscribing Member
1,170 Posts
Beautiful downtown Taunton, known for its crisp, sparkling water, keeps busy with those green crosswalks and "Johns." :smokin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.