Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gov. Charlie Baker: Decision Not To Run For Third Term Was ‘Complicated And Difficult’
BOSTON (CBS) – Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker called it a “very complicated and difficult decision” for himself and Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito not to run for a third term in office.

Baker and Polito made the announcement Wednesday morning.
Gov. Charlie Baker: Decision Not To Run For Third Term Was 'Complicated And Difficult'

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and for the love of God DO NOT COME TO NEW HAMPSHIRE

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

Reactions: CCCSD

·
Registered
550 Posts
Right now there’s only 4 candidates I know of who are 100% running in 2022. Ben Downing, Geoff Diehl, Danielle Allen and Sonia Chang-Diaz.

Geoff Diehl from a Law Enforcement perspective would be the best choice as he wouldn’t gut agencies, particularly MSP which needs all the help it can get right now. Problem with Diehl is he’s probably not moderate or in the middle enough for most voters in the state. That’s what made Baker so effective in elections, he could appeal to Republicans and Democrats.

Then there’s Maura Healey who probably will run and I don’t think we need to say much about her that isn’t already well documented or known.

The other three would be nothing short of catastrophic for Law Enforcement policies in the state as well.

Point of what I’m getting at is.. LE policies in Massachusetts may not be getting better any time soon.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,830 Posts
If Maura wants it, it's pretty much a friggin lock!
On the humorous side, Sonia Chang-Diaz is running.

Reactions: DPH1992

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amen, the devil you know.
Oh I agree and I know Mass is pretty much screwed until there is real choice in elections. I voted for Baker because as you all know the alternatives weren't any better, but he didn't take long to remind me that being marginally better isn't the same as being good. If I had to do it again, I'd probably cast a blank ballot in protest. Yes yes I know no one would really care, but until voters start showing their displeasure with their options nothing is going to change.

·
Here comes the Wee-Woo man
210 Posts
O no doubt your next gov is gonna suck more than the last

·
Registered
354 Posts
I’m hoping Marty Walsh runs. Geoff Diehl would be a great Governor but is too conservative to have a chance. Steve Lynch would be a good Governor too

·
Registered
550 Posts
I’m hoping Marty Walsh runs. Geoff Diehl would be a great Governor but is too conservative to have a chance. Steve Lynch would be a good Governor too
Lynch has too much of a history to make a run. I could live with Marty Walsh I think, not great, but not as bad as the other names attached to this current list.

·
Always Watching
8,282 Posts
Just gotta wander what type of whackjob will be running the state next
No doubt, "Hold it!" Healey.
The lmnop's have been filling her coffer for years as she sits back lazing about, yelling about orange man and failing to do her job.
She just sits back, collects cash and rests on her pronouns.
That won't matter in MA because she'll don the almighty D.
The only question is which beta male will be her number two. "Get on ze train" Lesser, Ptown's Mandate Morse or a POC?
Either way, I hope to be out of this godforsaken state while I can still sell my home for a decent price to some dope from NY or CT.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,830 Posts
No doubt, "Hold it!" Healey.
The lmnop's have been filling her coffer for years as she sits back lazing about, yelling about orange man and failing to do her job.
She just sits back, collects cash and rests on her pronouns.
That won't matter in MA because she'll don the almighty D.
The only question is which beta male will be her number two. "Get on ze train" Lesser, Ptown's Mandate Morse or a POC?
Either way, I hope to be out of this godforsaken state while I can still sell my home for a decent price to some dope from NY or CT.
I fear your struck the nail DEAD CENTER. She is soooo fervently anti-2nd amendment, and no real friend to LEO's either. She is still somewhat less progressive than say Sonia Chang-Diaz or Michelle Wu. This state is at the forefront of progressive leftism. I'm heading north, but not soon enough................

Reactions: LGriffin
1 - 20 of 30 Posts