Bug ad | MassCops

Bug ad

Discussion in 'MassCops News' started by Piper, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

Hi,
    When I log onto the site now I get the most annoying sound of a mosquito flying around. I think it is part of a new ad on the site. Anyway to block it? It makes me want to log off as soon as I hear it.
    Thanks.

2. Gil

Gil Founder of MassCops Staff Member

I'll zap it as soon as I can, ok I have removed it from the rotation. Should take about 20 to 30 mins to update.

3. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

IT FREAKED ME OUT!
    The first time I noticed it was about a week ago.
    I was like WTF is that???? I'm not even remotely thinking it was the site, I minimized my browser as soon as I clicked the shortcut.
    I thought my sound card was wigging out on me. I'm playing with the connector to my headphones & sound card, shut down Rhapsody, turned on my speakers.. Finally it dawned on me. 15 years in IT and I get vexed by an Adsense bug... What a dink I am.

4. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

That made me crack up for some reason.

5. Stevec

Stevec New Member

I was going to say the same thing. At work I neevr have my speakers on. I watched a video and turned them up and forgot to turn them off again. I came to this site and was wondering what the hell it was.

6. Gil

It should be gone now

7. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

too late. I sprayed a can of RAID into my speakers and it worked.
    But now I can't hear anything else.

8. Gil

I just got rid of most of the animated, audio ads. Will take an hour to take affect. Let me know if there are any that slip through...

Thanks

9. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

thanks Gil, much better!

10. Gil

anytime

11. 94c

94c Subscribing Member

huh?

12. SOT

SOT Thread Killa

Firefox with ad block can kill the most annoying ads. Most are not so bad but that bug one...not good.

13. 1968SS

1968SS New Member

There's still some out there, I just now had a "Shoot the Paparazzi" ad with an annoying camera clicking sound going non-stop...

14. Gil

Thanks Mike, you didn't have to do that just to get rid of the bug ad tho. If an ad is that bad I get rid of it (or try to anyway). I am opting for more Google ads for registered members and the lemmings that just lurk unregistered will get the image ads.

It's a work in progress....

15. adroitcuffs

adroitcuffs Subscribing Member

Grrrrr, yes, I hate that one, too!!!! One quick way to eliminate the sounds on any like this that get through is to refresh your screen...

16. GMACK24

GMACK24 Subscribing Member

The Mute Button is a wonderful Thing and thanks again for removing it