Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter today from BUPD in response to an employment inquiry I made awhile ago. The secretary of the department alluded to the next test being held in June of 2005. Can anyone confirm this??? Also if anyone has any details on the agency, that would be helpful.

·
Subscribing Member
1,169 Posts
I know a patrol officer there that put six of his seven children through BU at 0 cost. I believe now BU offers "only" 90% off tuition for employee and their family. Try matching that benefit.
BU, Boston College, Harvard, NU, MIT; all are super places to work with outstanding pay and benefits. Getting in can be tough, but once you're there you're golden.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Whats really cool is when they hold an exam and then after taking it you get a letter saying they are not hiring.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Mikey,

Great point! I got a 92 on one of their last tests, and then got a letter that they were not hiring. Then, I don't know how true it was or not, listened to a girl on here talk about how she just got hired with an 85 on the test.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same story here . . . I took their test a couple years ago and scored a 96 then got a letter saying they weren't hiring. I believe they were looking for women and minorities at the time. From what I hear, great department just very difficult to get on as a white male.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As for BU huh? I work for BUPD, its an OK gig, don't get excited about doing alot of police work if you are there though. While its true, you can get a variety of calls as with any police department, calls of any substance are few and far between. Most of the calls are to deal with drunk students, or check on false B&E alarms, and driving around checking certain addresses all night. OH and lets not forget, NO CHAP 90, so get use to someone blowing by you on COMM ave and you sitting there holding your pud in your hand cuz you can't do anything about it. Boston cops in the area hate BU and will treat like you aren't even there when you try and say HI to them....But other then that its great!!!!! The up side is the money is pretty good, there are enough details to make some cake, the %90 off education for yourself and your kids is great. RIght now they are looking for minorities and females, theres a shock huh! its a good place to get through the academy though and make some money. I was so excited to get the job when I first started but then I realized pretty quick how it works. But good luck to anyone who wants it, the officers there are great people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The BUPD doesn't have any minority police officers. If you want a job here you better know the police chief, or someone in the administration like the Anne Shea. Kind of funny that BU student population is 92% white, and the BUPD is 100% white. Certainly makes it easy to spot certain individuals who probably have no business on Comm Ave.

Its funny listening to the Diversity crap and celebrations honoring Martin Luther King Jr given the current race statistics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.