Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
Hey Now!

IF you're good enough to get an interview, be SURE to ask Dave and/or Eric if they are changing their policy of promoting from their RESERVE officers (hire from within) to fill the FT positions.
:shock:

·
Subscribing Member
1,171 Posts
This BSC posting is an external one. Although the reserves do get considered, BSC is trying to diversify the department and hope to accomplish that by advertising outside. With the exception of a "couple of bumps", it is a good place to work with good people too.

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
It is a great department, but i heard that a lot of the people that got hired there over the years were a political favor for certain people. So even though you may be qualified to work there, they will pick the one with the biggest dime.

·
8,799 Posts
kdk240 said:
So what if they use a reserve, they still have to go throught the same process and have the same chance as any one else.

You sound bitter sir. :roll:
Fuocokkie!,

S'up Dude!?

Just pointing out to the folks that their prior policy was to hire from within out of the reserve ranks. This was usually NOT disclosed to people responding to newspaper ads for what they thought would be a FT position to start. Not exactly very professional IMHO.

Bitter?
You should smell my breath buddy! Whew
:uc:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey i pulled my application for a FT PO here so I could put in for the LT spot!!!! I figure they won't give me the PO's job so i'll make them laugh when they see my name in the Lt running!!!

:lol:

"Remeber it's a jungle out there, stay safe and go home at the end of your tour"

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
tntdefense said:
Hey i pulled my application for a FT PO here so I could put in for the LT spot!!!! I figure they won't give me the PO's job so i'll make them laugh when they see my name in the Lt running!!!

You have an interesting sense of humor... :lol:

·
8,799 Posts
Mitpo62 said:
What is the latest here? Any calls for interviews yet? It is my understanding that the DC will chair the interview process. Look sharp if you're called!
Ah yes!
The DC=Deputy Chief, aka Earwax Eric
When they ask if you have any questions, remember to ask the DC about his experiences at Mass College of Art, and his Plymouth MPOC way back in like 97'
Master Yoda he ain't

·
Subscribing Member
1,171 Posts
mpd.......if you ask the DC all those questions you'll never get out of his office. That man could talk a cat off a tuna cart! And yes he does come across as a "master", what with all his municipal experience and all. Just imagine sitting there as an experienced police officer and having this guy tell you how to do your job. That man is too much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.