Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE BROWN DAILY HERALD

BY: Carla Blumenkranz

Brown will arm the Department of Public Safety within the next 12-18 months, President Ruth Simmons announced Monday in an e-mail to the Brown community. The announcement follows over 2 years of deliberation and several high-profile campus crimes this year.

A March 2002 Herald poll found the campus evenly split on the arming, but an April 2003 poll showed opinion had shifted, with 34.1% in favor and 56.1 against.

:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
i didn't post this in the job section because it said security.

Security Officer, Brown University

Start Date: 11/25/03
End Date: 12/19/03

Candidates must be 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED, possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to pass a physical agility, psychological exam and background investigation. Excellent opportunity to join an internationally accredited campus law enforcement agency in a challenging academic environment. To be considered, please submit resume and cover letter by December 19, 2003.

Contact Name: Susan Thibault, Department of Public Safety, PO Box 1842, Providence, RI 02912;

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
ntvs said:
i didn't post this in the job section because it said security.
For the 5 cents its worth Brown University has two separate departments within their Public Safety Department; Police (academy trained, sworn, and soon to be armed) and security.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
fscpd907 said:
THE BROWN DAILY HERALD

BY: Carla Blumenkranz

Brown will arm the Department of Public Safety within the next 12-18 months, President Ruth Simmons announced Monday in an e-mail to the Brown community. The announcement follows over 2 years of deliberation and several high-profile campus crimes this year.

A March 2002 Herald poll found the campus evenly split on the arming, but an April 2003 poll showed opinion had shifted, with 34.1% in favor and 56.1 against.

:D
Oh My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A University President that reacts positively to enhance the public safety on his/her campus! Could this be contagious?
:shock:

G

·
Sounds good doesn't it. I work there and I will believe that we are armed when I see the "roscoe" on my hip. Until then I won't believe any different. I know guys that have been on the job 30 years, and they all say that when they first got on they heard the same things!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.