Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are any Brockton officers on the line please PM me, just a quick question.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
Actually they do but its not easy, from what I was told the guy I know who lateraled you must be political. Bug suprise huh.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,714 Posts
So...................................
It's pretty much a NO
:lol:

·
Registered
422 Posts
A guy I worked with transfered there, I was pretty new, so I didnt get to
know him well, but guys I work with still keep in touch, Im pretty sure he
had a friend over there that helped the process along but he did transfer.

Also, word through the grapvine is they are going to be hiring quite a few more, so now would be the time to inquiry before they call for the list.

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
Listen there is no transfer. A guy from Easton was on the list high enough and they got to him. Same thing with a few other officers, they were on the list and got hired. They could not take laterals because of a decision that came down with the Castro decision years ago, regarding minority hires. A lateral transfer is a transfer that is signed by your current Chief and the new Chief and you start there. So stop the rumors, if you don't believe me call BPD.

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
Macop";p="61498 said:
Hey Yimmy, wanna fight.
I love you too much to kick your ass!!! :lol:

And NegroRotary, if you speak Spanish it WILL help you if you live in the City of Brockton, meaning be a resident for at least one year prior to the next civil service test. Also there is no age limit yet in Brockton. BPD is a consent decree community. Good luck.

·
Registered
968 Posts
NegroRotary";p="61713 said:
I'm going to put Brockton PD on my test day, hoping i get a break
LOL :lol: Good Luck........If you are not a resident in Brockton....don't waste the time using your number two to color in the dots and fill the boxes where it asks you what towns to pick. I know you are moving up from Florida, but be realistic.....look at non-civil service departments and when you do take the civil service exam put towns like Sudbury and Acton on your list....not Taunton and Brockton.

·
Subscribing Member
369 Posts
Soutside, how do i get a list of town that are not civil service? i need to get something close to home, but don't get me wrong, i'll drive anywhere for a job LOL. now about this civil service stuff, those town that are not civil service, do they hire from the civil service test?

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
NegroRotary";p="61777 said:
now about this civil service stuff, those town that are not civil service, do they hire from the civil service test?
If you can get your Florida Academy approved by the MPTC, then you can get a waiver which will allow you to apply for non-civil circus jobs. These cities/towns MAY hire you regardless of the test.

·
Subscribing Member
369 Posts
Thank again, i will go to the MPTC when i get there and give then a detail curicullum of my academy, hoping they will approve most of it.

G

·
Brockton just "hired" 18. 4 didn't make it to the academy. 4 were from other departments and are not in the academy. The other ten of us started the academy April 4th, up at Reading. 12th MPOC. Everyone else is right about the residency decree. Good Luck.

·
Subscribing Member
369 Posts
I guess since i don't have experience i won't get a waiver, according to the email i got. But I did receive an email from Brockton PD, and they are telling me to apply, so will see happen.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.