Britain's Prince Harry Will Not Serve In Iraq | MassCops

Britain's Prince Harry Will Not Serve In Iraq

Discussion in 'Military News' started by Inspector, May 16, 2007.

1. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

Britain's Prince Harry will not deploy with his regiment to Iraq, the head of the Army said tonight.

General Sir Richard Dannatt said that he had taken the decision in the light of a number of "specific threats" to the Prince.

They would expose him and the troops with him to "a degree of risk that I now deem unacceptable," Sir Richard said in a statement.

He acknowledged that the Prince would be "extremely disappointed" by the decision having shown "undoubted talent" in command of his squadron with the Household Cavalry.

The prince has always insisted he wanted to serve alongside his men wherever they were sent.Britain

2. JoninNH

JoninNH New Member

While I feel for the prince, he would make his Cav Troop a much bigger target and put his troopers in much more grave danger if he were over there. It's 12 virgins with Allah in the afterlife for killing a serviceman, but to kill the prince? Thats like 12,000 virgins. (Too bad they forgot to mention it was virgin goats, but oh well, they wouldn't know the difference)

3. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I believe Harry said he would resign his commission if he wasn't sent to Iraq. Let's see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

British royals in combat isn't something new. Prince Andrew saw combat in the Falkland Islands campaign, he flew a helicopter that served as a decoy for Exocet anti-ship missiles. The heat signature of the copter would get the attention of the missile, then at the last second the copter would elevate, hopefully sending the missile harmlessly over the ship. :eek: