Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my understanding through some knowledgable sources that the BCSO has ordered a helicopter. Is this true? If so, what is its status and intended purpose? rhl

G

·
rhl said:
It's my understanding through some knowledgable sources that the BCSO has ordered a helicopter. Is this true? If so, what is its status and intended purpose? rhl
You know so they can be deployed at a moments notice and get there faster and quell any uprising,LOL.

I heard it was a Chinook helicopter, much easier to deploy there Tactical,K-9,Search & Rescue,Hostage negotiator,Crisis management teams, oh and it can be used as Medivac as well.This way when theres a problem in New Bedford the Deputies can repell out the side door on to the streets thus reducing increasing there response time.

Plus it doubles as a great PR tool, I can see it now "SHERIFF HODGES SWOOPS IN TO FIGHT CRIME".

Obviously I'm only kidding I got carried away, I couldnt
help myself.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have heard the same thing from people "in the know."

Just another example of money that should be going to New Bedford PD et al, being wasted by politicians(aka..sheriffs). :FT:

Ryan

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Not knocking anyones post. It could be true for all I know. I do remember hearing a similar story about Middlesex last year though. It ended up being a hoax of sorts. Someone in the department owned time on a helicopter and offered it up for searches or something like that. It could the same hoax revisited. Could be true too, I don't know anything about those Bristol guys. Never actually even seen one. :wink:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
PearlOnyx said:
Could be true too, I don't know anything about those Bristol guys. Never actually even seen one. :wink:
They look just like the guys in Plymouth County, last time I saw them they where playing paintball together at the PCCF using the Plymouth 41st M.P.O.C. for target practice :evil: Sent two student officers to Jordan Hospital :cry:

Forgive but never forget!

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Funds for Helicopter

Why not ask our respective legislators to look into the matter and see if its true. I would even place a few anonymous calls to those taxpayer watchdog groups. I am sure they would love to hear this duplication. Why not a concerned taxpayer letter to the Gov's office too?

:? Too harsh??

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
It would make a great outside perimeter patrol vehicle
Yes, a very, very expensive, very very loud one. If I lived next to the jail, I'd love to hear a low flying chopper all hours of the day and night.

G

·
I think that would be great to have SO's with helicopters try and get a MSP copter in the air on a weekend or at night

·
Registered
13 Posts
See them in the air and hear them on the radio all the time. Many times going over to the islands and landing next to the barracks in So. Yarmouth and Bourne. They fly out of Plymouth now, but I bet that won't stop the Plymouth Sheriff from trying to get one. :roll: MT1, sounds like clark might be a sheriff hack!

·
Registered
189 Posts
From personal experience, On the numerous mutual aid calls I have been on where the MSP airwing has been requested, they have always responed quickly.Day or night, I would have to say they are a vital asset to any community that needs them.Nothing but the highest praise for those guys.Just look at how many demonstrations they do each year for surrounding communities.

·
2,297 Posts
clark said:
I think that would be great to have SO's with helicopters try and get a MSP copter in the air on a weekend or at night
They're up all the time on Weekends and at night. What's your deal. I think we have another "Panache" type here.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,661 Posts
jsg2020 said:
clark said:
They're up all the time on Weekends and at night. What's your deal. I think we have another "Panache" type here.
Don't worry too much jsg2020................................
My cousin Barry D. is with the air wing. I'll ask him to give me and the old M1 Garand a spin so we can take out "clark the spark" from above!
:wink:

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Maybe instead of buying helicopters (although this story is highly questionable anyway), we should hire enough people so I can get more than one week off a year? Just a thought. :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I don't think that helicopter would be flyable for too long. Lots of anti aircraft artillery in Massachusetts. State and Local AAA batteries. :lol:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,661 Posts
H50 said:
I don't think that helicopter would be flyable for too long. Lots of anti aircraft artillery in Massachusetts. State and Local AAA batteries. :lol:
HEE HEE, Ha Ha,
Remember how "Morg" bought it in Flight of the Intruder?
"every little farmer with a rifle!"
8)

Not to mention the FACT that 40thMPOC dude could easily vector in F-15's from Otis on any Sheriff's egg-beater!
:roll:

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Remember how "Morg" bought it in Flight of the Intruder?
"every little farmer with a rifle!"
And the best part of it, nobody knows whether MSP STOP Team, NORSTAR, NEMLEC shot them down. Or it could be a constable. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.