Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there he was, national coverage, live on FoxNews at 1:15 pm. The scene is in front of Taunton City Hall. There is a Taunton PD officer seen in the background pacing by the steps on his radio. No one else around. The reporter says how the sheriff's office and local officals are reacting to the dam. Suddenly, Hackiff Hodgson steps up and tells the reporter how HE is dealing with this potential disaster and how it affects his office. It wasn't an update on the city's efforts. Was the Mayor interviewed? No. He wasn't even mentioned. Was the Taunton Police Chief interviewed? No, he wasn't even mentioned. Was the Taunton Fire Chief interviewed? No, he wasn't even mentioned. MEMA? Nope. Governor? Uh uh.
Was the Hackiff mentioned? TWICE BY NAME AND THE ONLY ONE INTERVIEWED, HELL THE ONLY ONE THERE, IN HIS SUIT WITH THE HUGE STAR ON HIS LEFT POCKET.8O
His 15 seconds of infamy didn't describe how he is using inmates to evacuate homes, how he needs to clear out his jail......Oh Nooooooo. If you saw that interview and did not know the scam, you would think he was the MAN running the show, the Top Dog. The Boss.

Now go back to yesterday's news article posted elsewhere here. I see the Mayor quoted. I see the Governor quoted. I know Taunton PD and FD and MEMA are working hard and I know the MSP was assisting as evidenced by listening to them during the night on the radio. Yet it is Boss Hodgson who sought the camera for national live coverage on the great job HE is doing.

Hey Boss Hog.... Go:2up:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Why didn't some quick thinking individual section 12 him to Taunton State Hospital?
:t:

Attachments

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
USMC,

Which interview did you see? The only one I saw with Hodgson, he continually complimented the Police and Fire Chief, but didn't really say too much else. That was the press confrence held around 4PM. No claims of saving the day that I saw. Maybe there was a different press conference that I didn't see. In the press conference I saw, they also spoke with the Taunton Mayor, and some engineer. They probably should have had someone from MEMA, Police, and Fire there. What's the issue with him being in his suit and wearing a badge? You put that in CAPS. That interested me. What's this about using inmates for evacuations? I'm interested to hear what I missed.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PearlOnyx said:
USMC,

Which interview did you see? The only one I saw with Hodgson, he continually complimented the Police and Fire Chief, but didn't really say too much else. That was the press confrence held around 4PM. No claims of saving the day that I saw. Maybe there was a different press conference that I didn't see. In the press conference I saw, they also spoke with the Taunton Mayor, and some engineer. They probably should have had someone from MEMA, Police, and Fire there. What's the issue with him being in his suit and wearing a badge? You put that in CAPS. That interested me. What's this about using inmates for evacuations? I'm interested to hear what I missed.
On FoxNews at 1:15 pm they went to their correspondent Live in Taunton for an update. He starts off by saying something like".....it has the sheriff here..." and then they show some footage of the dam. Then, while still standing in front of Taunton City Hall with a Taunton PD officer in a white shirt doing something in the background, the reporter turns to his left and says something like....here now is the sheriff of bristol county sheriff tom hodgson...sheriff whats the situation here and how are you (handling it, dealing with it, something like that)....Up steps the hackiff in a suit wearing what looked like a clear plastic or embossed plaque with a gold star and writing on it, hanging from the left breast suit pocket. The interview was putrid. If you did not know any different, you would have equated him with sheriff's in the West and down South. The way he spoke, he gave the impression to me, and I know better, that he had was running the operations. There was no mention of what you would think he would say, like "my inmates are setting up shelters just in case....or this threat of a dam break has forced me to evacuate the jail...or we are assisting the City and State agencies in this manner or another". Nothing. During the entire segment, no one ever mentions the City, the PD, the FD, MEMA, the Governor. The closest reference was the reporter saying once "local officials". Remember folks, the hackiff runs the jail. PERIOD. Instead, as reporters do, they grabbed the nearest fame seeker and let him run off at the mouth.

I saw the later press conferences held by the Mayor. I did not see the hackiff anywhere in the crowd of officials behind him. Maybe he was, I didn't see him. What I did see was the mayor mention everyone including the hackiff's office. That was much more than hackiff hog did during his face time. I still don't know what role they have there but this isn't about helping or not. If you saw the live interview, you would be just as irked. A political hack with such a sub-role in city emergency operations making comments implying superior command. Perhaps, and this is pure speculation, someone else saw hackiff hog on tv and was just as miffed resulting in formal press conferences to control the information flow. Anyone remember Alexander Haig??:-#

How many of you would be all fired up if Nomar went on ESPN and implied it was him who made it possible for the Sox to win the World Series? Just because he plays baseball doesn't make him part of the team.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know, on the other hand it was quite humerous to see Ted kennedy show up.He must have got wind it was national news.When was the last time he was in Taunton.Just hearing him speak was comical enough.He sounded like Mumbles Menino slurring his words.USMCTrooper, I don't know what your all in a huff over, it sounds like nothing more that politics to me.Typical in this state.I think your not correctly using the term hack in this instance.If he is an elected official(which he is)then I don't think the term hack can apply.On the other hand, someone who he might hire could be considered a hack if the hiring falls under questionable circumstances.All this fuss and the Dam is still holding.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
USMC,

Ok, we saw two different press conferences then. I was a bit confused by your original post, because I saw a later press conference, where his comments were brief, and nothing like what you said. I missed the original one that you mentioned.

Anyone know what role Middlesex is playing in the emergency operation down there?

K9Sheriff,

Not as bad as I thought =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.